THIRTY SIX<>XIS YTRIHT

Clint walked down the hall, mentally cursing himself.

I should've done rock.

He walked past the lab and noticed Elias looking at James through the small window of the cryotube.

"Hey, Eli." Clint says unsurely.

"I'm not mad. I'm just...frustrated." Elias put her hand on the glass, looking at the sleeping face of James Barnes.

"I want to remember. I want to remember everything. Even all of the horrible things."

She turned to Clint, her eyes red and puffy. Clint walked up to her and wrapped his arms around her. She buried her face in his chest, crying silently.

"I know you want to remember, Elias. I want you to remember too. Especially James. He really needs you." Clint says softly to her.

Elias broke away from him, rubbing her eyes. "Thanks, Clint." She says with a smile.

Elias looked back at James. Please come out. Help me remember.

A Few Days Later.....

Elias lay in her bed, staring at her ceiling and watching her ceiling fan go in circles. She couldn't sleep. All she could think about was James.

How did I know him? I know he and I were Hydra, but how did I become associated with him?

Elias sat up and looked at her alarm clock. It was 11:48pm. She grinned to herself and got out of bed, pulled on her shorts (she slept in one of James's shirts), then walked out. She crossed her arms over her chest since she wasn't wearing a sports bra.

"You're up again?" T'Challa walked up her, an amused smile on his face.

"Yeah. Couldn't sleep." Elias says as T'Challa joined her.

The two walked down the hall, silence between them.

"Were you going to see James?" He asked.

"Yeah. Speaking of James, when will he be out of cryo?"

"In time. He will come out when he wants to."

Elias nods and walks into the lab. She approached the cryotube containing James.

"I will leave you two alone." T'Challa bows his head then walks out, leaving Elias in silence. She looked over at James.

"Hey, James. Remember me?" Elias joked. "Of course you do. But, unfortunately, I don't."

She sat on the floor, crossing her legs and looking up at him.

"So, how's the cryo life? Is it cool?" Elias face palmed. "Sorry you have to hear my bad puns."

She studied his face and thought she saw an amused smile on his face.

"James, when you come out and I don't remember, help me. Kiss me, hug me, tell me stories, hold me, I don't care what you do. I want you here....with me."

When she said that, James's vitals sped up a little. Elias perked up, a smile on her face.

"James.... You can hear me?"