FiftyOne-Trust is a big word

Chapter Fifty One

we both fell silent after what he said.

so thats it. thats the reason why he left me. All questions on my mind were answered now.

he said he left me to keep me safe. to keep me safe. yeah.

"Please say something." he whispered.

"what do you want me to say?" mahinang sabi ko. unti unting napupuno ng sakit yung puso ko.

"Anything. just dont stand there and looked at me like i'm not here." mahinang sabi nya

"bakit di mo sinabi sakin?" nanginginig na boses na tanong ko. napatingin sya sakin. i can feel my eyes starting to become watery. "what did i ever do to you, Steven?"

"I'm sorry, Baby. i dont have a choice." he whispered

"of course. you wont say anything but sorry." matabang na sabi ko saka tinignan sya. nararamdaman kong unti unting nanlalabo yung mata ko dahil sa luha. "you have choice, Steven! you can tell me but you chose not to!"

tumingin sya sakin saka tumayo. "Coz that will put your life in danger even more."

"but i deserve to know the truth, Steven. you owe me that! you owe me that fvcking truth that you hid from me for five long years!" i shouted.

"Thats why i'm asking you to trust me because i cant tell you!" he shouted back.

"Trust? you want me to trust you?! after everything we've been through before you never trusted me with the truth! i gave you my heart, Steven. hindi ba sapat yun para pagkatiwalaan mo ko?" i wiped my face and looked at me.

"and You could at least have the balls to tell me whats going on then! coz i deserve that! i deserve that more than my brother, more than Adam! i deserve that more than anyone else! i deserve the truth! and you denied me from it!"

"Alexis, Please." he begged.

"Fvck you! Fvck you and everyone else!" i shouted. coz i'm mad to the point of getting crazy. "Sa loob ng limang taon walang kahit isang segundo ang lumipas na di ko tinatanong sa sarili ko kung san ako nagkamali! walang araw sa buhay ko na di ko sinisi ang sarili ko dahil iniwan mo ko kasi boring ako. halos mamatay ako nung sinasabi sakin ni Adam na di na tayo ikakasal kasi wala ka na! alam mo bang lahat yan?! syempre hindi! alam mo bang impyerno yung buhay ko nung nawala ka. alam mo ba yun?!" tulo lang ng tulo yung luha ko habang nagsasalita ako. at kahit anong gawin kong pigil di sya tumitigil.

"sa buong limang taon alam mo ba kung ilang beses kong sinampal sampal yung sarili ko kasi umaasa ako na baka panaginip lang yun. na magigising ako tapos andyan ka ulit. mahal mo ko. pero hindi! pinaniwala nyo akong lahat na hindi mo ko mahal! hanggang sa tanggapin ko nalang na baka nga laro lang lahat ng to sayo!" he stayed still and looked at me with tears streaming down his cheeks.

its painful to see him this way but that is nothing compared to this burden that i've been carrying for the last five years of my life.

"Nagbago ako, Steven. i changed myself. i'm no longer the boring girl you used to know! and i did that coz i wanna show you what you had when you let me go! lahat lahat sa sarili ko binago ko! the way i dress, the way i talk, everything! i become a different person because of you. you made me a different person." i moaned softly and cried. "now you're asking me to trust you? kilala ba kita? what did i ever do to you, Steven?! bakit hindi mo nagawang sabihin sakin yung totoo?!"

"Dahil kilala kita! would you have left if you knew what i'm facing that time?! maiintindihan mo ba ko?!" he shouted.

"OO! maiintindihan kita kasi mahal kita!"