Chapter 35: #10 on Daniella's List

Daniella Campbell

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My hands are shaking and the press is so.. ANNOYING!

It's time for the exchanging of rings and the tea ceremony and whatever ceremony my father planned.

I hate my life right now.

What would you feel if the only man you're loving right now is taken?

That's not all!

What would you feel if you're desperately longing for him and here you are helplessly getting engaged with someone you don't love?

I can't even imagine my life with Arnold!

Sure, he is nice but-- I just can't seem to imagine my life with anyone but John.

My tears are welling up in my eyes as my father gives the very long speech for the crowd, mostly the media to hear and record and post in online websites like Youtube.

Good thing my mascara is water proof.

I guess mom's hairdressers kind of knew what I am going through and that I might cry.

See? The hairdressers knew how difficult it is for me.

All because of money?!

I am going through this all because of money?!

I don't even want to live anymore!

Thanks to my awesome parents who gave me away.

We have money, yes plenty actually, but I guess their selfishness even longed for MORE money that's why they're giving me away.

My mother is still reciting her awfully long speech and our exchanging rings ceremony is next in the program.

I shivered on my seat and Arnold seemed to have noticed it.

"Want me to bail you out?" He whispered.

My gaze was caught by him and I nodded hopefully.

"I'll bail you out here. Come with me! Just follow my lead, okay?" He smiled.

He took my hand and the audience cheered.

"What seems to be the problem?" Dad asked Arnold.

"I'm just taking her to the restroom. She's feeling dizzy." Arnold smiled. Dad nudged Arnold's arm saying,

"Okay then but be sure to make it fast. The exchanging of rings is next to the program and Daniella's mother is almost finishing up her speech."

Arnold nodded and he's still holding my hand.

The people were giggling and complimenting us that we're such a cute couple and everything and I just want to barf on all of them.

We arrived at the lobby and I was thanking Arnold.

"Thank you." I smiled as I kissed him on the cheek.

"No problem." He smiled back.

After a few moments, John arrived panting heavily.

He went near Arnold and pulled his shirt.

"What is the meaning of this?!" He gritted his teeth.

Arnold blankly stared at him and I pushed John away.

"It's not Arnold's fault! My parents arranged all of this and he is helping me escape." I said.

John's angry face turned into a smile.