Chapter 29: John's Visit

Arnold Valencia

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After one week, I hired help from my dad and he told the hospital I am Daniella's fiancé and I just punched a stranger (A.K.A. John), who attempts to kill Daniella.

Because of my father's influential power, I can now visit the stupid hospital who kicked me out the other night.

The doctors informed me that Daniella is already well and will be out tomorrow.

She is just getting some rest.

I went to Daniella's room and she is still sleeping soundly.

I sat on the stool beside her and laid my head on the side of her bed.

I didn't sleep at all last night.

I can't believe I became so concerned about a girl before.

Does that mean I have feelings for Daniella?

This can't be happening.. she is the one who should have feelings for me.

I don't even want to play my bet with Terrance anymore.

I'm too rich to accept the money anyway, I was just in it because of the game.

Now, I don't even want to play it anymore.

Then I shut my tired eyes.

I should probably take a short nap.

Thanks to Daniella, I didn't get any sleep last night.

Daniella Campbell

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finally opened my eyes and I saw Arnold sleeping beside my bed.

He took care of me all this time?

I brushed his hair through my fingers and smiled.

Maybe, I can come to like him for everything.

He's been so nice to me and we have dozens and dozens of similarities.

How come I can't make myself love another guy?

How come I've always thought nobody but John?

Then his phone rang, it is ringing continuously on the bedside table and he is still sleeping soundly.

I grabbed his phone and it was his best friend, James.

I was curious and I have an excuse for answering because he is asleep and the sound is disturbing me so I answered the call.

James: Thank God you finally answered! I've been calling you ages now! I'm just here to remind you about your bet with Terrance. Your one month is almost up.

Me: (making my voice sound deeper) What bet?

James: Dude. What happened to your voice? It sounds a bit shrill. You forgot? Don't tell me you're falling for Daniella! The bet that you would get her in one month's time for a million dollars.

A bet?

Does that mean this guy is also toying with me?

Does that means he is here with me for only one reason?

For a million dollars?

"Hello?" James repeatedly said on the other line.

Arnold finally woke up and I was holding his phone on my hand.

It was set on loudspeaker.

"Thank God Daniella. You finally woke up!" He said, rubbing his morning glories in his eyes.