Chapter 27: Loving from Afar

Daniella Campbell

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was shivering like crazy when the bushes were starting to rustle.

"Who's there?" I asked.

I hugged John and he was clinging on me too.

"John! Check it out!" I said.

John hesitatedly walked near the bushes and poked the bush with a branch.

*SNAP*

When John took out the branch it is already broken into half.

John stared at me blankly, holding the branch shivering.

I screeched and we used John's emergency rope to climb up the nearest pine tree.

I was finally up the tree but when I was pulling John up, a big bear burst out of the bush and growled.

It was nearing John and I quickly carried him up.

The bear scratched the trunk of the tree and it definitely looks hungry.

No, not hungry, more like starving.

We sat on the big bark of the tree relieved and the bear finally gave up after a few minutes of scratching the trunk.

It ate all of our food supplies and destroyed my tent and left.

"Oh great, I took ages to set up that tent. Now where will I sleep." I groaned.

"This is the nicest place I can think of to sleep." John said.

"What?" I asked.

"Look above." He replied.

I did what he said and the stars are twinkling so brightly. Shining so bright.

"Yeah, it's nice." I yawned.

I was feeling a bit tired so I closed my eyes and tried to sleep while sitting.

John Williams

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm still watching the stars and it made me grow weary.

I gazed at Daniella who was sleep sitting and it was cute.

I pushed her head on my shoulder so that she can rest well.

I held her hand gently and smiled.

Yep, this is the girl I want to marry.

I silently watched her sleep and I didn't sleep at all because I'm afraid that she might fall off the tree.

When morning came, I carried her down and laid her on the blanket I brought with me.

The morning was very chilly, even in my three sweaters I still feel cold.

I saw Daniella shivering and holding her hands for warmth.

I lit up a match and made a campfire.

Even though it's really cold, I sacrificed one of the sweaters I'm wearing and wrapped her in it.

My feelings for Daniella is different from what I felt with Annie.

She is so fragile that I can't do anything to hurt her.

As much as I wanted to love her, the best way in loving her is to love her from afar.

I crossed off number eight on her list using my red sharpie pen and put it in my knapsack.

I called one of her bodyguards named Tom.

The truth is, Tom is my cousin so he would let me go if he knew it was me.