Chapter 2: Delivery by the front door

Daniella Campbell

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I almost spurted out the iced tea I was drinking when I read the content of the site.

I was greeted by:

"We sell boyfriends just as you like them. Just how you want them to be."

Then it says:

Our goal- To make you happy, to love your temporary boyfriend and assure you that all your desires are fulfilled.

Your job- To keep this website secret, a social experiment, to be exact. If you accidentally stumbled on this page then consider yourself lucky. This is a top secret site and we don't want you to tell anyone or else.. We will haunt you. (serious); Also, pay for the exact price stated in each guy. Also know that this is our soft launch so if you encounter any problems or product damages, do not hesitate to contact us.

~Please browse through the catalog on the right hand corner below. Enjoy your boyfriends~

What the hell? There are things like this that actually exist? Is this even legal?

And I thought it only happens in movies..

This is so pathetic, what if some crazy dude appears in front of your house?

I mean.. you'll only be fooled.

I scrolled down the comments and all of them are saying,

"Tom is the best boyfriend I ever had. Even though it was just a week. Aw."

"Yeah, they're so hot too."

Etc. etc.

All of them are positive comments.

Girls are so idiotic to fall for this.

Out of curiosity, I opened the "Boyfriend Catalog" and it requires me to input my likes and dislikes in a guy.

I scrunched my hair into a bun and started to stretch my fingers, let's see if we can find this guy up to my standards and so I was typing my three pages worth of likes and dislikes.

I would like to share SOME of my likes and dislikes,

Likes:

Has to be handsome;

Has to have amber eyes;

Has to be intelligent;

Has to be athletic;

Has six pack abs;

Has a very mesmerizing voice;

Has to be very neat;

Knows how to cook;

Knows how to do household chores;

Knows how to play at least two instruments;

Needs to be nice and kind;

Needs to be sweet and caring;

Needs to be very considerate;

Comforts me when I'm sad;

Sensitive to my needs;

Loves me more than anything else;

Laugh at my jokes;

Feel okay when I hit him so hard;

Hug me when I'm not feeling okay;

Visit me when I'm sick;

Protects me in everything;

Blablablabla..

Dislikes:

Overly Possessive;

Fights with me;

Smokes;

Drunkard;

Nose rings or any kind of rings attached to him;

Tattoos;

Bald;

Narcissist;

Boastful;

Blablablabla..

I crossed my fingers and kept having second thoughts on pressing the enter key.

What the hell, I spent more than 20 minutes typing my likes and dislikes, I just wasted time.

Besides, I chose this, there's no harm if I try to see who fits my standards.

I'm kind of scared because what if Katie and the others were right? There's no such guy like that?

I closed my eyes and pressed the enter key.

I opened my eyes and there was a "PROCESSING.." word that displayed on the whole screen.

I waited for like ten minutes and then there's this "PING" sound.

It's written:

"One boyfriend found."

Oh my gosh, there's actually a guy with all that?

I clicked the guy and his picture popped up.

Woah, he is hot.

I read his descriptions and yes, all of the things in my list is there.

Could this be a dream?

I pinched myself and I rejoiced to see that I'm not dreaming.

First things first, let's see what's written in his 'About Me' section.

Valedictorian of his school, hmm, not bad..

Took cooking classes. Woah!

As I read through his 'About Me' section, all I can say is WOW!

Tsk, and they said there's no such guy in this world.

I was about to buy him searching for the price and my jaw dropped open.

"5000 dollars for a week?! You've got to be kidding me!" I'm clenching my laptop's screen and I was shouting like crazy.

I guess it's because he is close to perfect.

Well, money's not an issue anyway.

I clicked the "BUY FOR A MONTH" button and took a cheque out.

I was finishing with my oh so awesome signature when the doorbell rang.

Who could it be at this late hour?