Chapter 27: Scott's Farewell

Leon was working in the kitchen at the restaurant when David came back.

"Leon, where's Yugi?" David asked.

"He just left for lunch. Why?" Leon asked.

"There's some guy here, and he's asking to see him." David replied.

"You're just going to have to tell him to come back." Leon said.

"I guess so. Thanks." David said and left.

'Hmm. Wonder who would come here wanting to see Yugi.' Leon thought. He brushed it aside and continued with his work.

"Thanks, Yami, but you know that you didn't have to take me to lunch." Yugi said.

"I know that, Yugi, but I wanted to. There's no law that says I can't take my fiancé to lunch just because he works for me." Yami said.

"I know. Thanks anyway. I'll see you at home tonight." Yugi said, kissing Yami.

"Okay. Bye." Yami said.

The two went to their own cars and headed back to their own workplaces.

Once Yugi parked at the employee parking area, he got out and headed inside to work.

"Hey, Yugi. How was lunch?" Leon asked.

"It was fine as it always is." Yugi answered.

"By the way, there was some guy that wanted to see you." Leon said.

"Do you know who it was?" Yugi asked.

"No. David came back here and told me that someone wanted to see you. I never went out to see who it was. David told him to come back later." Leon said.

"Thanks. I can't think of anyone that would be coming here to see me." Yugi said.

"Well, if the guy decides to come back, you'll find out then." Leon said.

The two got to work.

Scott walked into the restaurant and approached David.

"Oh. Mr. Jones. I take it that you want to see Yugi." David said.

"Yes, I do. Is he here?" Jones asked.

"I believe that he is back from lunch. I'll go and get him." David said.

David walked back into the kitchen and said, "Yugi, do you have a minute?"

"I think so. Why?" Yugi asked.

"There's a guy here that wants to talk to you. It's the same guy that was here earlier." David said.

"Go on and see what this guy wants. I can handle things back here for a few moments." Leon assured his younger co-worker.

"Okay, Leon. I'll be out in a minute, David." Yugi said. He went and washed his hands before going outside.

"The gentlemen is over there." David said, pointing Scott out to Yugi.

Yugi looked and his expression instantly darkened. "Is he the one that was here earlier?" Yugi asked.

"Yes. Is there something wrong?" David asked, noticing his expression.

"You could say that. I despise that man." Yugi said.

"Sorry. I didn't know about that." David said. He thought a moment and said, "Should I tell him to leave?"

"No. I'll deal with this. Just pray that this doesn't cause a scene." Yugi said. He walked over and said, "Scott, what are you doing here?"

Scott looked up at Yugi and grinned. "Hello, baby." Scott said.