Chapter 3: Our First Date

The next day, Yami was rather antsy because he wanted the day to be over so that he could go on the date with Yugi. He was having trouble concentrating on his work because he was plagued with thoughts of his date that night. 

"Yami, will you please concentrate? You'll get to see Yugi tonight." June said. 

Yami sighed. "Sorry, June. I guess I'm just looking forward to seeing him." Yami said. 

"Are you that smitten with him?" June asked. 

"I suppose I am. I'm not sure why, but I think that he might be the one for me." Yami said. 

June was surprised. She had never heard Yami say that about anyone else that he dated, so she knew that this had to be something that might be the real deal."I'll get this work done, June." Yami assured her. "All right." June said before she left the office, closing the door behind her.

  Yami went back to the work that he had to do. After an hour, Yami had gotten through about half of the paperwork that he needed to do.

Yami's cell phone rang. He picked it up and said, "Hello?"

"Hey, Yami."Atemu said. 

"Hey, Atemu. What's up?" Yami asked. 

 "Not much. I was actually calling to see how you were doing."Atemu replied. 

"I take it that Heba asked you to call me, didn't he?" Yami asked. 

 "Well, yeah. You know that he worries about you. He just wants to make sure that you are okay, and that you don't need anything."Atemu said.

"No, I don't need anything. I actually have a date tonight." Yami said.

"You do? Who's the lucky girl?" Atemu asked.

"I am bi, Atemu, and it's not a girl. It's a guy. He actually works at my restaurant." Yami said. "Really?" Atemu asked.

"Yeah. I'll be honest. I don't know him well, but that's why I'm giving him a chance. I don't know why, but I get the strangest feeling that he might be the one for me." Yami said.

"I got that same feeling when I first met Heba. Trust me. I know what you mean." Atemu assured him.

"I really think that things will work out this time." Yami said. 

 "Well, good luck to you. I hope that everything works out for you." Atemu said. 

 "Thanks. Say hit to Heba for me." Yami said. 

 "I will. Bye." Atemu said. 

"Bye." Yami replied and hung up. He got back to his work. 

Yugi was a little uneasy about the date that he was going on with Yami that night. The truth was that he hadn't been on a date since the bad breakup he had had two years before, so he was a little out of practice where dating was concerned. 

"Well, I guess this is the best I'll be able to do." Yugi muttered. 

He had managed to find a pair of black dress pants and a white button up dress shirt for him to wear that night. "I am really going to need to go shopping for some nice clothes to wear on dates." Yugi said. Yugi's wardrobe consisted mostly of leather. He rarely went out in anything but leather with his work uniform being the only exception that he made. Wearing dress clothes was not something that he had ever liked doing. 

 The phone to Yugi's apartment rang then.

Yugi went over and picked up the receiver. "Hello?" Yugi said.