Chapter 17: Death Threat

Yugi was in his apartment, getting ready for his date with Yami that night. 'I'm glad that Yami got that lawsuit dropped. Mika was just a gold-digger.' Yugi thought.

After everything that had happened, Mika had been forced to drop her lawsuit against Yami given the fact that she had nothing to support her claims while there was plenty of evidence that she had been fired for reasonable means.

Yugi's phone rang.

Yugi picked up the receiver and said, "Hello?"

"Hi, little one." Yami said.

"Hi, Yami. What's up?" Yugi asked.

"I was letting you know I'm going to be a little late. Something came up that I have to deal with. I shouldn't be, but maybe thirty minutes later." Yami told him.

"Okay, Yami. I'll see you then." Yugi said. He hung up the phone.

Yugi went and sat down on the couch. 'I guess I'll just have to wait for Yami to come now.' Yugi thought, picking up the book that he had been reading.

"Are you ready for this?" Mika asked.

"Of course I am. I am all too glad to help out. I'll teach Yami a lesson about throwing me in jail." Tanisha said angrily.

"Then let's kill that little twerp." Mika said. She pulled a revolver out of her purse.

Tanisha smirked. "You know, I think that this is great Yami will suffer." Tanisha said.

"I know. It'll be all too easy to kill that little twerp. A bastard that is as weak as him will not be able to do much against us." Mika said.

"Then let's go." Tanisha said.

The two headed toward Yugi's apartment.

"Isn't Yugi going to be surprised?" Atemu asked.

"Yeah. He will. He had no idea that you two were coming out here for his birthday." Yami said.

"Well, mine and his birthday, anyway." Heba said.

"True. Yugi's going to be thrilled." Yami said.

"Well, should we go and get him." Atemu said.

"Right." Yami agreed.

The three left Yami's office.

"Bye, June." Yami said.

"Bye, sir." June replied. She smiled as she watched Yami, Atemu, and Heba leave.

Yugi was still reading his book when there was a knock on his door. He glanced at the clock. "Yami's earlier than he said he would be." Yugi said. He stood up and went to the door. He started to open the door, but the door was sudden shoved open, and Yugi was thrown back.

"Hello, bastard." Tanisha said with a smirk.

"Been a while, man-stealer." Mika said, locking the door.

Yugi glared. "I am not a man-stealer, Mika. That would be you. I was already dating Yami when you came onto him." Yugi said.

"Shut up! He should have been mine!" Mika said.

"No. He was mine until you stole him from me!" Tanisha snapped.

Yugi's eyes narrowed. "Yami broke up with you when he caught another man in your bed. I stole no one." Yugi said.

"It doesn't matter. You're going to die, and he's going to lose what's important to him." Mika said.

Yugi had sensed that they were there to do him harm, but the women didn't realize that they had forced him right to where he kept the cooking knives on the shelf. Yugi had managed to get one into his hand.