Chapter 1 : A chance meeting

Yugi Mutou was running around the kitchen, getting all the ingredients that the lead chef would need to make the main dish that night.

Yugi worked at Sennen's, which was a five star restaurant, which attracted a great many customers, including the rich and famous. Yugi had been working there as an understudy to the head chef, Leon Merswan, for two years.

Leon Merswan was a renounced chef. He was a rather large man with black hair and piercing green eyes. Although he had a tough exterior, Leon was a rather soft and kind-hearted man. He helped Yugi get better at his cooking.

"Yugi, do we have everything?" Leon asked.

"Yeah. Everything is here." Yugi replied.

"Good. From what I've heard, we're going to have a big crowd tonight." Leon said.

"All right." Yugi said happily.

"Could you make the clam chowder, and remember to-" Leon started.

"I know. Make it with a pinch of salt and pepper unless a specialty order comes in." Yugi said.

Leon smiled. "Good. Now go and get started." Leon said.

Yugi nodded and went off to do as he was told.

Leon smiled as he watched Yugi go. When Yugi had been hired, Leon had taken to teaching Yugi everything he knew because he could see that Yugi was very serious about cooking, and over the last few years, Leon had come to consider Yugi a prodigy and a friend. Yugi was as bit as good of a cook as Leon, and Leon had no shame in that fact. He was thrilled that he had met someone as talented as himself.

Yugi went about the kitchen and started to get the clam chowder ready. He loved his job. He had gone to cooking school so that he could learn the art of cooking. Even as a young boy, Yugi had loved cooking, and he was always practicing with a new recipe.

Yami Sennen sat in his office, going over a tone of paperwork. He was tired and knew that his day was far from over. Growling angrily, Yami slammed his fists down. This wasn't his day. He had just found out that his girlfriend of the last few months, Tanisha Harmsworth, had been cheating on him.

~Flashback~

Yami went to Tanisha's place because he planned to surprise her with lunch. See hadn't been able to spend much time with him and thought that she would enjoy this. He used his key to open the door and walked inside. Yami walked into the kitchen and looked around. "Hmmm. Wonder where she is." Yami mused.

There seemed to be a noise coming from down the hall.

Yami started down the hall and heard the sound of moaning.

"Oh, Fred! Harder!"

Yami froze. He knew that voice. It was Tanisha. He opened the door and saw Tanisha having sex with some guy. He growled and said, "Tanisha!"

Both people in the bed were startled and jumped, ceasing their actions.

Tanisha's eyes widened when she saw Yami. "Y-Yami, I can explain." Tanisha said.

"Explain? You're fucking another guy! What's there to explain?!" Yami growled. He thought about it and said, "This is why you haven't had time for me, isn't it?"

"Please, Yami. I-" Tanisha started.

"Save it. I don't want to hear it. You can fuck him all you want. I don't care. We're through." Yami said. He turned to leave.