Chapter 26: The Proposal

~Two Months Later~

"It looks like all the plans for the new office building and the new restaurant are moving along rather smoothly." June said.

"Yes, they are. It's going faster that I originally thought that it would." Yami said.

"How did you manage to get the permits to build the new restaurant and office building so fast? Normally, you would have just gotten the permission to do it." June said.

"Normally, that would be true. Having a brother and cousin who are rather powerful CEOs of their own companies and bring a great amount of jobs to Domino, it's rather easy to get the permits that you want." Yami answered.

June smiled. "I never pegged you for the type to use such methods." June said.

"I didn't. Those two did that without my knowledge." Yami replied.

"How's your niece?" June asked.

"She's doing just fine. I know that Atemu brags about her every time he and I talk." Yami said.

June chuckled. "Well, he's a new father, so he's going to be doing that. Is he happy that you're going to be moving back to Domino?" June asked.

"Yeah. He can't wait for that. I think that he wants us to be there so that Yugi and I can get to know Mayella better." Yami replied.

"Well, I'll go on." June said and left the office to get back to work.

Yami looked over the plans for the new restaurant and smiled. 'Yugi's going to be thrilled now that he's the head chef. I'm glad that all the chefs agreed that Yugi would be the best assistant chef for the job.' Yami thought. He then looked over the progress so far and was pleased. 'Yugi and I are going to have to start packing now.' Yami thought.

Yami's cell phone rang.

"Hello?" Yami said.

"Hey, Yami. It's me." Atemu said.

"Hey, Atemu. What's up?" Yami asked.

"Not much. Just seeing what you're doing." Atemu answered.

"I'm not doing much. I was just looking over the progress for the new restaurant and the office building there in Domino." Yami answered.

"I know. I've been by there a few times, and I'm real impressed with the amount of progress that has been made. You and Yugi will be moving here a lot sooner than I thought that you would." Atemu said.

"I was just thinking that, actually. I'll tell Yugi tonight that about that." Yami answered.

"So, are you still planning to ask Yugi tonight?" Atemu asked.

"Yeah. I'm taking him to dinner. I haven't changed my mind on that, Atemu." Yami said.

"Well, as asked, I have not told Heba about that." Atemu said.

"Atemu, you know as well as I do that if you told Heba that I plan to propose to Yugi tonight, Heba would be calling Yugi and blabbing to him." Yami said.

"Yeah. I hate to admit it, but you're right. Heba would do that." Atemu said.

"Well, you won't have to keep it a secret much longer. I am sure that Yugi will call Heba tonight to tell him what is going on." Yami said.

"Yeah. I know that I'll know it when you propose to Yugi because when Heba talks to Yugi, he's going to be screaming about it." Atemu said.

"By the way, when do you and Heba plan on having your wedding? You two have been engaged for almost a year and a half." Yami said.