Chapter 18: Waiting and Accusations

Yami, Atemu, Heba, and Mike were waiting in the waiting room of the hospital ER.

After getting to the hospital, Yugi had been taken right into surgery.

"Do you think that he'll be okay?" Heba asked.

"I don't know." Atemu replied.

"This hospital has some of the best surgeons and nurses here. He's in good hand." Mike said.

"Who are you, anyway?" Heba asked.

"My name is Mike Griffith. I actually work here. Yugi and I have been neighbors since Yugi moved in." Mika said.

"Mike Griffith? Are you the one that Yugi said he helped for some reason?" Heba asked.

"Yeah. My wife passed away only a few months after Yugi had moved next door. Yugi was a friend to me and offered me comfort when I was going through all that. He's a good friend to me. We've been friends since then." Mike said.

"Thanks for helping us. I'm not sure what might have happened otherwise." Yami said.

"I just hope that Yugi's going to be all right." Mike said.

"And I pray that those bitches get just what they deserve." Atemu growled.

"Trust me. I'll make sure they do." Yami said.

"Excuse me."

They turned to find an officer standing there.

"My name's Captain Hanirashi. I'm heading up this case." the man said.

"Hello, Captain. What can we do for you?" Atemu asked.

"I understand that three of you were there at the apartment." Hanirashi said.

"Yes. Heba was the only one that wasn't there." Yami said.

"Why weren't you there, sir?" Hanirashi asked.

"When we arrived at the apartment, we heard gunshots. I'm pregnant, so I was told to wait with the car. My brother was the one shot." Heba said.

"I see. Mika Hano and Tanisha Harmsworth are saying that Mr. Mutou was the one that attacked them." Hanirashi said.

"That is total lie. How can he attack them in his own apartment?" Yami asked angrily.

"His apartment. Ms. Harmsworth claims the apartment is hers." Hanirashi said.

"Captain, I'm sure that if you check with the apartment management, you will find that the apartment is leased to Yugi." Atemu said.

"Someone is checking that now. Ms. Hano says that he pulled the gun out on them as well." Hanirashi said.

"Captain, Yugi doesn't own a gun. He can't stand them. In fact, he says that if someone were to attack him, he would use one to the knives that he has in his kitchen. If Yugi did anything to them, it was in self defense." Yami said.

"I see. Well, we have both women under guard since we have no idea what really happened. I'm afraid the same thing will happen to Mr. Mutou when he gets out of surgery." Hanirashi said.

Another officer came up. "Captain, I have some information you're going to want." the officer said.

"What's that?" Hanirashi asked.

"There was gunshot residue on both of the women's hands, so they both fired the gun. And the gun is registered to Mika Hano although she has no license to carry a weapon." the officer said.

"Really. Well, that's one lie we've caught them in." Hanirashi said.

"Also, the apartment is leased to Yugi Mutou, not Tanisha Harmsworth." the officer continued.