1

"Run, Myrddin. Run as fast as you can and don't turn back. Papa and mama love you so much." Mama told me as she gave me one last hug and kiss before pushing me out of the back. I heard shouts from the other side of the house. I saw angry people with torches coming towards my home,  but no matter what I kept running like she told me to do. I made it barely half way through the forest before I heard screams of pain behind me. I turned around and saw smoke rising into the night sky. Mama and papa. She said to keep running and not turn back, but if I'm as powerful as she says I am, I could help. I could stop her and papas pain. I ran back as fast as I could. With my heart pounding and sweat dripping down my face, I ran until I tripped over a stick. I was too far away. Tears streamed down my face as I walked into the field. The only home I've ever known was burning to the ground. I ran up to the village and shouted for my parents. Where were they? What happened to them? They should have escape the flames, right?

"Mama? Papa?" I shouted, but they never came back. "Where are you?" I shouted as I roamed the village. I wanted to help them. "Mama! Papa!!"

"There he is!" Someone shouted behind me. I turned around and saw the big, mean man. "Grab him!" I turned to run, but someone was standing in my way. They grabbed my arm and dragged me towards the angry crowd. Some people shouted some things that ranged from monster to freak to demon to other things I didn't understand. What had I done wrong? I thought I helped them. I had stopped that big monster from eating someone with my magic earlier today before papa grabbed me and took me inside. Why were they mad with me? Where's mama and papa?

The man that dragged me towards them pushed me to the ground. Dirt had filled my mouth, but I spit it out. Someone kicked me in my stomach and I groaned in pain. Someone else kicked my head. Another kick and another and another. They wouldn't stop; not even when I cried for mercy. Then, all of a sudden they stopped. I couldn't hear properly because of the ringing in my ear, but I could still heard muffled shouts. I looked up and through the dizziness, I saw someone pull out a sword. Mama told me to run. If she wasn't here to stop them from hurting me, then, she wasn't here at all. She was gone and so was papa. They're gone because they protected me.

"Myrddin!" I slowly turned my head to the right and saw my friend, Elizabeth. She looked at me with terror in her dark, green eyes. She was being held back by her father. I looked up to the man with the sword coming closer. He raise the sword above his head ready to kill. "No!" Elizabeth shouted. I screamed and every one flew back. I stood up and searched for Elizabeth. She sat up and looked into my eyes. "Run, Myrddin! Run!" Some people were starting to get up. "Go!" I looked at her one last time before running back into the forest.

"I'll be back for you one day, Ellie." I told her in my head.

"Don't. Stay safe. I'll be okay as long as you are." She said back.

I haven't seen her since.

I woke up with a jolt. Sweat stained my night shirt. Tears flowed down my face as that memory comes back to me. It's been like this for days now. I've had these types of nightmares from my past before, but now it's like stabbing me in the heart over and over again.

"Merlin," Gaius walked into my room. "Another nightmare?" I nodded. He walked towards me with a vial. This is starting to become a routine for him. He doesn't know why I have these nightmare only because I don't tell him what they're about. He has no idea about my past and neither does anyone else. It's only between me and the people I came across before coming to Camelot. Gaius doesn't even know that Hunith took me in. He still thinks she's just my mother. Of course he knows about my powers since the day we met only because I saved him by instinct. That's all he knows though. "You want to talk about it?"