Chapter 10

***2 WEEKS LATER***

Mackenzie's POV:

It had been 2 weeks since Peyton and I started dating. It was seriously the perfect relationship. We did everything together. When I was with him I felt safe and loved. I felt like the luckiest girl in the whole world. We had made the music video to airplanes and it was AMAZING. He was right, his fans did love me. They accepted me into their family. Well, most of them anyway. A few were really harsh and Peyton told me to just brush them off, but sometimes I still let it get to me.

"MACKENZIE SOMEONE IS HERE FOR YOU!!" My mom called up the steps.

It must be Peyton!! I ran down the stairs as fast as I could. But when I got to the door it wasn't Peyton...

It was Ryan.

"HEY BABE I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!" He said as he pulled me into a huge bear hug.

Ryan is HUGE. He plays quarterback and is about 6'4". His hug actually hurt me.

"Uhm. Ow...yeah I missed you too..." I said, even though I didn't miss him.

"I just stopped in to say hi and tell you that I was here! I have to go help unpack so I guess I'll see you at school tomorrow," he said with a wink, and then he left.

Cool. My ex boyfriend is going to the same school as me and my current boyfriend...

Ryan's POV:

Man, Mackenzie is even more gorgeous than I remember. I hope she doesn't have a boyfriend, I really want to get back together with her.

***THE NEXT DAY AT SCHOOL***

Peyton's POV:

"Hey beautiful!" I said when I saw Mackenzie walking up to me.

"Hi cute boyfriend!!!" She said and then winked at me. Dang she's adorable.

"Let's go to first period," I suggested and we started walking to class.

Ryan's POV:

WOO ETOWAH EAGLES. First day at my new school and I already have football friends. I was walking to my first class when I saw Mackenzie walking with a guy. Who's that with Mackenzie? I thought. They were holding hands...I guess she does have a boyfriend. Whatever. I know she wants me back, she'll forget all about pretty boy when I tell her I still love her.

***AFTER SCHOOL***

Mackenzie's POV:

"Bye Pey, I'll see you later tonight!!" I said as he walked down the empty hallway to his car. We had stayed after school to study in the library and now nobody was here. I forgot something at my locker so I went back to get it. When I got there Ryan was leaning right on my locker.

"Hey Mack," he said, using his nickname for me.

"Hey?" I said.

"So...I've been thinking a lot about you lately...I really want to get back together," he said as I was getting my book out of my locker.

"Look Ryan, I broke up with you, okay? I have a boyfriend now and I really love him. Please just back off," I told him as politely as I could. I started to walk away when he grabbed my arm.

"Mackenzie. I want you. And you know when I want something, I get it," he said, squeezing my wrist hard. 

"Ryan, you're hurting me," I said. But he didn't even hear me. He pinned me against the locker.

"RYAN STOP IT!!" I screamed. He slapped me across my face. hard.

"WHY WON'T YOU JUST ADMIT THAT YOU STILL LOVE ME. YOU AND I BOTH KNOW THAT YOUR 'BOYFRIEND' DOESN'T LOVE YOU. I'M THE ONLY GUY WHO WILL EVER LOVE YOU. AND YOU'RE TRYING TO GET RID OF  ME. BIG MISTAKE MACKENZIE!" he screamed in my face. I started crying then. 

"Now go home, call your so-called boytoy, and break it off with him. you're with me now," he said, and then he kissed me on the mouth so hard that it hurt my lips. As he walked away I slid down to the floor and just sat there crying for what seemed like a long long time...