Chapter 5

Life is A Fairytale
(A Peyton Love Story)
**Part 5**

Peyton’s POV:

Mackenzie was already at school by the time I got there. 

I called her name, “MACKENZIE! HEY!” and she didn’t even turn around. 

That pang of insecurity hit me again. Does she not want to be my friend? Does she not like me? I walked up to her and saw she had headphones in. Oh, that makes more sense…I tapped her on the shoulder and she took out her headphones out, but she didn’t turn around.

“Hey, you didn’t text me back last night?” I said to her. I was kind of surprised of the hurt that was clearly heard in my voice. I didn’t know I was that upset.

“You didn’t tell me…” She said, still facing away from me.

“I…didn’t….wait what? What didn’t I tell you?” I asked.

Mackenzie’s POV:

Wow, he’s really going to stand there and just play dumb. OF COURSE he knows what I’m talking about. The biggest thing he could possibly hide from me. He didn’t tell me he was “famous.”

I turned around, completely ready to yell at his face. Ready to tell him to just leave me alone. He had lied to me…right? Well he sure didn’t tell me the truth, that’s for sure. 

But then I just looked at him, wordlessly. 

He looked so cute today. We were both wearing plaid. His hair was absolutely perfect. And he had this innocent look on his face, like a child who just drew with crayon all over the walls and didn’t know what they did wrong. 

Maybe Peyton didn’t actually know what I was talking about…

Peyton’s POV:

Mackenzie turned around suddenly. 

At first she looked completely mad, like she was ready to punch me in the face or something. But then her face softened. She stood there looking at me for awhile, many expressions crossing her face. 

First anger, then pondering, and then finally forgiveness. My first thought was how cute she looked. Her hair so straight and down to her belly button, her eyes, wide and bright, and her shirt; plaid. Just like mine. My second thought was, why is she so mad at me?

“What didn’t I tell you?” I asked again.

She sighed. And then she spoke.

“You didn’t tell me you were famous…You didn’t tell me how talented you were. You didn’t tell me that you have fans from all over the WORLD. Why. Why didn’t you tell me?” She spoke as if she had been hurt.

That’s what she had been mad about? That I didn’t tell her what I live for? I mean, I guess that’s a HUGE part of my life. But I wanted to be treated like a normal kid. I didn’t want her to treat me any differently than Matt or Taylor would treat me.

“Look, Mackenzie. The reason I didn’t tell you is because I didn’t want you to treat me differently. I wanted you to see me as a normal kid, and I wanted you to treat me like my other friends do. I didn’t want you to freak out because you were meeting a “celebrity” or whatever. My career, my PASSION, it’s a big part of my life. And I really was going to tell you soon. But I just wanted you to know who I WAS, before you got to know the other side of me. The side that has fans and sits at home writing lyrics and getting signed. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you right away,” I meant every word I said.

Mackenzie’s POV:
With all of that, there was no possible way I could stay mad at him. In truth, as soon as I turned around and looked at him I immediately forgave him. But all of the things he just said to me made me COMPLETELY forgive him. I could tell he loves what he does.

“It’s okay. I overreacted. I’m sorry. I can tell you really love what you do. Want to go to English now?” I asked him. He got the biggest smile on his face.

“Cheya let’s go, here let me carry your books,” he said and I handed him my books.

“Aww that’s so sweet. Thank you!” I told him and I was sure my cheeks were the color of tomatoes again.

“Haha, you’re welcome,” he laughed. I knew it was because he saw me blush.

And then we walked to English together.

---------------------------

End of part 5 guys! I hope you liked it! Part 6 might be up tonight if I can think of what to write!
THANKS FOR READING!

@BrunetteBabyx21