Desperation 15

G's Point of View:

Naramdaman ko ang nangingilid na luha sa mga mata ko matapos marinig ang sinabi niya. Special? How am I special to him? That's not what he showed me in the last few years!

"How? Why?" mahinang utal ko. I pulled myself back to look at him.

Huminga siya ng malalim. Ang lungkot ng mga mata niya habang nakatitig sa'kin.

"You don't have to know."

Then, he just  hugged me again. And funny as it is, even if I was planning to wreck his relationship with his ugoy girlfriend, I felt wrong to be with him in that moment. So, sinubukan kong kumalas sa kanya pero hinigpitan niya lang ang pagyakap sa'kin.

"RC. I'm sorry about what I did this morning," I apologized about the kiss instead while I allowed myself to be in the comfort of his embrace.

"Please don't be."

He loosened his hold of me, having us  gazed into each other's eyes.

"Don't you hate me that I kissed you?" mahinang tanong ko.

"I wanted to kiss you right now," he whispered weakly.

With that said, I closed my eyes and let out the tears of both joy and fear and sadness that I've been holding up for so long.

***

Over the breakfast on the following days, mom suddenly opened up about my debut celebration. I wanted it to be simple but they objected. They wanted it to be grand instead. I can't just ignore the fact that my parents are some big people in the business world. They deal with a lot of displeasing people whom they want to please. They want my birthday celebration to be grand because of those people. I don't have a say about it so I just shut my mouth.

"That will be in three weeks already, G. Anytime today, Ms. Steffie will be around. She's the event planner I hired for your debut," she said before leaving me with Specter in the dining room.

"You sure don't look excited," pagsisimula ni Fyle na nagpairap sa'kin.

"Wow. I'm so excited," I muttered in a sarcastic way.

"You're so inconsiderate and ungrateful. Nag-eeffort si tita para sa birthday mo tapos parang wala ka lang," pangaral niya pa.

"It's their responsibility as my parents. And I wanted it to be simple but they insisted, that's something I can't be grateful of," I reasoned out.

"Stop complaining about not getting their attention, baby," malumanay niyang wika kapagkuwan. "Everything that keeps them busy is their way of making sure that you have the best in life."

"I don't want everything to be the best. I just wanted to have parents. I just wanted to have a normal family, Fyle. They have never given me that."

"Come here," anas niya pero siya naman ang lumapit para yakapin ako. "What shall we do today? It's weekend."

Yeah. Weekend. Two days stuck at home with him. It's not as bad as I thought it would be. Here he is, being my knight again.

"We can do some practice, you know."

"What?" I exclaimed cluelessly. What is he talking about?

"You know. About that thing you did that you are not really good at?"

Itinulak ko siya kaagad ng makuha kung ano ang tinutukoy niya. Bwesit talaga. Tumawa lang ang gago.

"Do not ever talk to me again!" I said I stood up to leave the dining room.