10

Chance's POV:

We made our way to the nearest Starbucks. The one thats close to the park to be exactly.

I am hoping that Peter will be there or my plan will loose it is meaning.

"So what are we exactly waiting for?" Max asks as we sat in one of the free tables.

"I think that Peter should be here soon. It is noon the weather is good, at least suitable for walk" I said and Mason nodded.

"But what happens when he comes in? It is not like we can go over to him and get information casually" Jason said.

"We can't attack him. We can't let them knkw that we are on their trail. Or it will get worse" Mason said and I agreed with him.

"Thats why we are doing it with my plan. When he comes in I will do my thing and we start to talk. From what I saw in his profile. He is nerd and hadn't got any good friends. Therefore, he will be keen on getting to know me so I'll use it to my benefit." I said in one breath.

"Why don't we get other guys to do it. Why it should be you?" Ace asked. Still, not very convinced in my plan.

"Because you boys easily open up to girls if you think that they are interested in you" I said and they shook their heads.

I rolled my eyes at them and drank my coffee. I looked over the entrance of the Starbucks when I saw someone walking to it slowly.

"And here is our prey" Max stated and everyone turned to look to the door. It was Peter. Yep, he is a nerd.I can sense it from his face.

He went to the queue to order his drink and we all looked at each other.

"So, how will you 'do your thing'?" Mason said with making quotation marks with his hands.

"Just watch" I said and stood up from our table. We were sitting at the back. It was impossible to see us when you first walk in.

That was my advantage. I left my coat in the table when Ace wanted to give it to me. I shook my head and he nodded.

"I have a task for you guys too. There few free tables there occupy them so when I walk back in there won't be anywhere to sit" I said.

I walked out from the back door and few minutes later entered again. I got myself a drink and looked around. Boys were sitting separately in few table.

There weren't any place expect near the Peter.Everything has gone perfect till now. I must keep it that way.

"Hey, can I sit here? There isn't any other place to sit" I said pointing to the table.

Peter moved his eyes up from his phone and looked at me. Then he moved his eyes around and smiled at me.

"Yeah sure. It is always busy at this time of day" he said. "Yeah? I am new to New York. Should make a note of that though" I said with chuckle.

Peter smirked "My name is Peter by the way" he said and offered his hand to me.

"Chance. Nice to meet you" I said and did the same. "So, you moved here new?" He took a sip from his drink and said.

I put my hair behind my ear and answered. "Yeah moved here from California few months ago" He nodded.

"California is beautiful huh?" He said and I chuckled. "Of course. I have lived there whole my life. But then got that job offer in here" I explained him the situation.

"What about you? I mean how long have you been living here?" I asked. Peter put his drink down and looked at me. "Well, I have lived here most of my life. I was born here you could say" He chuckled at the end.

We chatted like this for half hour. I think you could call us friends now. He stood up from the table and I did too.

We walked to the outside while talking about the city and it is unpredictable weather. It was windy. I didn't mind it though. I was used to weather colder than this.

But still I faked a shiver and put my hands around my self. I was wearing jeans and top but without a coat.

Peter looked at me and I smiled. "Forgot your coat?" He asked and I smiled and nodded.

He took of his jacket and offered it to me. I shook my head. "No, thanks. I live few streets away from here. It is not that cold anyways." I reassured him.

I hope he wouldn't want to escort me till there.

He shook his head too. "I am not cold. See I have a sweatshirt on."He pointed to his clothes. I sighed and looked at him once again. "Come on, take it. Plus, it wi give me another excuse to see you again" he said and I chuckled.

In your dreams loser.

I finaly gave in and took jacket from him. He smiled and we said our goodbyes to each other and exchanged numbers. So I can give him his jacket back.

I turned to the otherside and started walking. I called boys and told them to meet me in the other corner.

He is my prey now. The game has started.

Don't forget to
Vote
Comment
Share