Chapter Thirty Seven: The First Cut is the Deepest

37|

                Jess     

            ~*~ The First Cut is The Deepest ~*~  

                Tyler didn’t leave his room all day. I couldn’t blame him, honestly, everyone on his team was going to harass Jerry and Tyler would have to sit there and pretend that it didn’t affect him. Cole said that he tried to make small talk about it, but Tyler wasn’t having it. I wasn’t sure if Jerry had contacted Tyler yet, but at this rate, I didn’t really care. Since Tyler was shutting himself out from everyone else, I took the initiative to get through to him. Cole had left for practice and I knew that he would be gone for a couple of hours. I closed my door quietly and fiddled with the knob. Kneeling down, I pulled a bobby pin out of my hair and played with the silver knob. After a popping noise, I thought I had successfully broken into his room, but the door opened and I was faced with his crotch.

                “Uh, hi.” I said, brushing the hair out of my face and looking up a very scruffy, blood shot looking Tyler. His hair was poking out in various places and there was no way to hide the pain in his eyes.

                “I’m sure Cole would love this.” He said emotionlessly. He tried to force a smile but I watched, as he couldn’t make it so he just bit his lip instead. I stood up and grabbed the tub of ice cream I brought over. I held it up in front of him and Tyler groaned.

                “I’m not a fucking girl.” He sighed, but grabbed the tub anyway. I followed him inside, shutting the door and facing his dark, gloomy room. I could smell alcohol lingering on his breath, but he wasn’t drunk. The room smelled like weed, so I grabbed some air freshener, spraying it around and opened up a window.

                “Tyler, you cannot lock yourself up in here and bake yourself.” I warned, opening up his curtains. He squinted at the bright sunlight that flashed through his room and groaned.

                “It’s just today, Jess, not forever.” He argued.

                “Tyler, I love you, boo, but you need to talk to me.” I said, taking away his bottle of alcohol and putting it in the fridge. I handed him a spoon and I plopped down next to him on his futon.

                “There’s nothing to talk about.” He finally said, shoving a spoonful of cookie dough ice cream into his mouth.

                “Bullshit. How about the fact that you’re angry, you’re upset and he hasn’t talked to you all day, so you’re getting even angrier?”

                “How do you know he hasn’t talked to me all day?” He asked, narrowing his eyes at me.

                “He didn’t show up to our class today, I don’t think anyone has heard from him.” I admitted.

                “I don’t want to.” He finally said. “I thought I did, but I don’t. I don’t want to hear an excuse, I don’t care if he was drunk, it still doesn’t make it right.” He sighed.

                “Something isn’t adding up, Ty, he wouldn’t do that to you.” I admitted.

                “I thought he wouldn’t either, but there’s a video online to prove it.” He said quietly. “I thought he loved me.” He shrugged, blinking his eyes furiously.

                “He does, Tyler.”

                “When you love someone, you don’t cheat on them, you don’t fuck around with their feelings.” He snapped, shoving another angry bite of ice cream into his mouth.