Chapter Twenty Six: Mother Dearest

Firsts and such:

 Thank you so much for the extra reads I have been getting! It means a lot and I'm glad that you guys are enjoying the story! Secondly, I wanted to apologize for not uploading in a bit, I had trouble writing this chapter, it's kind of boring.

Anyway, enjoy the chapter and I hope to finish this by Saturday! 

Peace and Love

<3

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

26 | Jess

                ~*~ Mother Dearest ~*~

                Cole was very confident that his mother would behave during our visit, but I was prepared for her to treat me as she did when we had dinner many nights ago. I wanted to believe that she was a perfect mom who loved her son and wouldn’t act insane when he brought home his girlfriend, but I knew it was just a lie. On the drive up here, Cole informed me of his conversations with his mother. Apparently, he said that if she did not behave during Thanksgiving, that he would stop going home. I wanted to open my mouth to protest- I didn’t want to drive a wedge between a mother and son, but he cut me off, rambling about how she’s been acting like this his whole life and it was time for her to grow up.

                “I promise you Jess, if she does anything to you I’m done with her.” He said as he closed the trunk of his car once we had arrived to his house-mansion. The place was huge; it was probably three times bigger than my high school. I wondered how he even adjusted to such a small room when I’m sure he had a bedroom bigger than a classroom in his home.

                There was a curling driveway and a fountain in the middle. We had to pass through security before we were allowed to enter the house and of course, Cole was grunting the whole way. I knew that he was rich, based off his parents and the way he was dressed, but I didn’t know he was a son of millionaires.  The house had many balconies and his parents were standing outside the front door. They looked so small compared to this giant house; it surprised me that they didn’t get lost in it. As soon as we made it to the door, Cole was engulfed in a giant hug by his mother. His father just merely tapped his back, carried in our luggage and that was that.

                “I missed you.” His mother gushed as he pulled away from her. He didn’t say anything and headed into the door, clutching on to my hand as I did so. His mother mumbled a welcome to me also, but I could tell that I was not welcome in this house. I could feel her hard glare on me as I followed behind Cole and I wished I had never said anything about being alone on Thanksgiving, because as much as Cole meant to me, I couldn’t handle his mother.

                Cole led me up the gigantic staircase to his bedroom, not once letting go of my hand. I wanted to open my mouth and tell him that he didn’t need to hold my hand through his house, but I realized it was probably something he was doing to comfort me; it wasn’t working. As soon as he closed the door, I relaxed my shoulders and took a deep breath.

                “How are you feeling?” He asked me gently.

                “I don’t know.” I said seriously. He sighed and kissed my forehead.

                “Why don’t you sit on my bed and watch some TV while I unpack our bags?”

                “You don’t have to-“