Chapter Twenty Eight: Heart Attack

28 | Cole

                ~*~Never Stop ~*~

                It was silent as Jess left and I felt my heart plummet into my stomach. I was blinking back tears but I knew they wouldn’t be able to stop them soon. She left, just like that; my mother had pushed her over the edge. I wanted to chase after her, but I was stuck in my place, shocked that Jess had dumped me. How could she do that? I told her that my mother was going to pull some shit! I ignored her all night. The necklace I bought her felt as if it was burning a hole in my pocket, reminding me of what I just screwed up. I was just nervous giving it to her- that was when I was going to tell her that I loved her. It didn’t matter now because my mother had fucked it up and I will be damned if she didn’t hear about how fucking upset I am. A tear slipped from my eye but I wiped it angrily. My mother didn’t say anything and I hated her for it.

                “How could you?” I spat. My mother’s eyes went wide and she pretended that she was innocent, but I’ve had enough of her shit.

                “Cole, it was going to happen.” She sighed.

                “No, it wasn’t! I love her mom, how can you do that to me?” I choked. My mother opened her mouth to stay something but I cut her off.

                “I cannot stand you any longer. How dare you ruin my relationship with someone because she doesn’t meet your standards! You don’t even have standards, mom! You walk around like your shit doesn’t stink when you’re the worst there is!”

                “Cole, do not talk to me like that!”

                “I will, because I refuse to be acknowledged as your son anymore! Jess means everything to me, mom, and you just pushed her away because you’re a selfish bitch!”

                “Cole!”

                “No, I’m done with you! When I leave tonight, I am not coming back I am done with you. I cannot stand looking at you and calling you mother.” I yelled at her. Tears were streaming from my eyes but I didn’t care anymore. I hated her.

                “You only care about your appearance and what people say about you but you don’t care about your son’s happiness! What the hell is the matter with you? You had no right behaving that way and you had no right saying those terrible things about her family! You have no idea what she’s been through, yet you sit here and judge her!”

                “Cole, she just didn’t belong.”

                “With who? I don’t care if you are not happy with her, but I love her and I care about her and you should respect that!”

                “Cole, you’re making a scene!” She shouted, looking around for our family hiding and listening.

                “I don’t fucking care, I hope they see how much of a pathetic bitch you are! You’ve done nothing but turn my life into shit and I hope that you will realize how much of a fucked up mother you are! I’m so fucking done with this family, this was the last straw.  I just lost the best thing that has happened to me because of you. I hope you rot in hell, I really do. You cannot blame Jess for any of this; it’s your own fault. I’m packing my bags tonight and I’m not coming back. I have to go after her now because she had the impression I was leaving her because of you.”

                “Cole, you’re being ridiculous.” She scoffed.

                “I’m being ridiculous? Fuck you, mom. I don’t think you realize how much I hate you. You never cared about me, only your reputation and your appearance. I hope you know that this big ass house and al that expensive shit doesn’t mean anything because when you die all by yourself, you’re going to have your big fat checks and your diamond bracelets, but there will be no one with you on your death bed.” I said, throwing a plate off the counter.