Chapter Twenty Three: Restless

23| Jess

                “So you’ve guys have been officially dating for a week now?” Riley shrieked. I may have forgotten to mention it to her and as we’re sitting down at one of the dining halls near our dorm building, I decided to tell her now.

                “Yeah, we have.” I shrugged casually, but I could feel myself blushing. Cole was my first boyfriend; in fact, he was my first for everything. I was scared and I knew I was acting like a baby but I didn’t want to get hurt out of this. When we were lying in his bed, I thought he was kidding for a moment, I thought he was playing a prank on me.  His eyes told me a different story, they were excited and he had fear in them while he told me.

                I just couldn’t get over the fact that Cole liked me. In the beginning of our fake relationship, he was always so stubborn about never dating someone like me, and now here he is. I must have been blushing too long or thinking about Cole too much because Riley slapped my hand with a spoon.

                “Jess, I told you and you didn’t believe me!” She laughed loudly.

                “Shut up.” I groaned, rolling my eyes.

                “Has he taken you out on an official date yet?” She asked.

                “No,” I shook my head. “But my birthday is Friday so I know he probably has something up his sleeve.” I giggled.

                “I hope he does something really cute, otherwise I’ll cut his balls off. You deserve to be happy, Jess, don’t let him take that away from you.” She said seriously. The warning in her tone made me slightly nervous. Was I making a mistake?

                My head was consumed with negative thoughts for the rest of the day and as I walked into my education class, Jerry noticed it right away. He sat next to me as usual and stared at me for a good five minutes before he asked what’s wrong.

                “What did he do?” He asked right away blinked at him, unsure of why he would assume something that like that right away but shook my head anyway.

                “No, just, Riley just said some things that made me wonder if I was moving too fast.” I shrugged.

                “Why would you think that?”

                “I just, I don’t know. She made it seem as if I was making the wrong decision.”

                “Do you want to be with him?” He asked me.

                “I do.” I answered, biting my lip.

                “Then just let things flow, don’t try too hard. I know you’re scared, but I honestly think Cole is the last person who’s going to screw you over. Sure, he might make some dick headed mistakes and he may not always think clearly, but he cares about you.” Jerry said seriously.

                “How do you know that?” I asked him curiously.

                “You’re all he’s been talking about.” He sighed. “I think I know more about you than I thought I wanted to know.” He shuddered. My cheeks turned red and I covered my eyes with my hands.

                “What did he tell you?” I groaned.

                “Nothing too bad, just that you apparently make him very horny and you’re very talented for someone who doesn’t have experience in that department.” He laughed at me, as I blushed even harder.