“Oh my god... well done what did you get though on your test on your own?”

“I got 50 out of 50”

“No way... well done... wait till I get back home... we’re going out”

“Mum... you don’t have to do that”

“I know but I want to... so we’ll be going out”

“Ok”

“How’s your homework and everything going on?”

“I’m on track with all my homework and Jake took me the other day for some food... Can you believe that Emily started giving Jake sandwiches to give to me for my lunch?”

“Seriously... that is so nice of her... I’m gonna ring her in a bit actually... I haven’t spoken to her for a while.”

“Ye and some bills have come through but I haven’t opened them or anything”

“Ok”

We carried on talking for a while until my mum said it was starting to get late over there and she still needed to ring Emily. I was really glad that my mum had rung, lately I’d been feeling a bit upset but I wasn’t sure what it was but I think it was just because I hadn’t heard from her in nearly 3 weeks. I couldn’t wait for her to come home and for us to have one of our movie nights again.

“Well I’m gonna have to go sweetie because I have an early morning tomorrow and I need to try and ring Emily as well ok?”

“That’s fine mum... I can’t wait for you to come home. Night mum”

“Me too... Goodnight sweetie” She said before I put the phone down. I opened my bag and started to pull all of my books out of my bag to start my homework. I thought I should start working on my English essay as that was the piece of homework that would take the longest. After about an hour I had finished my English essay and my Maths work. At the moment I was working through my Chemistry whilst singing along to Hot Mess by Cobra Starship.

I turned to look towards the door when I heard someone knocking. I looked at the time on my phone which read 8:00. Was it really that time I hadn’t even noticed. I stood up and walked towards the door expecting Jake to be there holding a pizza as he usually is on a Friday night.

“Scott” I said surprised when I opened the door. I moved out of the way so then he could come in. Scott walked in whilst holding a pizza out to me.

“Hi Hayden” I closed the door whilst he started looking around him in the hallway.

“How did you find out where I lived?” I asked him curiously whilst taking the pizza and leading him into the living room. I sat down which made him follow my lead. He looked at the coffee table and saw that my chemistry book was out.

“J told me... Hayden it’s a Friday night why are you doing homework?” Scott asked. I looked at him as if he was stupid.

“Have you not heard about my reputation at all in the past week?”

He shook his head looking confused. “Have you heard about the nerd... well that’s me” I said whilst putting my head down and starting to put my homework away.

“That’s you they were talking about... I didn’t know... why do they call you that?” I shrugged and put my books into my bag. I felt a hand on my shoulder gently pull me so then I could look at him. “Hayden tell me” He seemed a bit angry but it wasn’t aimed at me.

“Just because I get straight A’s in all my subjects”

“Does Jake know about this?” I nodded at him. “How come he’s done nothing then... if you want I can say something-”