The Blakes

With the overwhelming amount of work from their businesses and settling Demetria in, Clarke and Lexa never had the time to correctly replace Bellamy's cake. The two would often be found deep in slumber on the couch or in the kitchen fighting fatigue and working on some complex assignment that nobody else could ever decipher. And that is where Demetria found Lexa the day of the surprise party.

"You know an extreme amount of coffee is bad for your health?" Demetria asks upon entering the kitchen. Lexa doesn't spare her attention as Demetria grabs an apple from a fruit bowl and sits on top of the kitchen island.

"It can cause sleep disruption, jitters, anxiety, heart palpitations and possibly a panic attack." Demetria continues, listing all the effects she read from Luna's book on a healthy lifestyle.

"This is my first cup." Lexa says thoughtlessly, her tired eyes were straining to keep focus on her computer and she no doubt had pulled an all-nighter. Demetria throws the apple in the air and catches it, almost dropping it as it hit her cast.

"Really? The coffee machine is still on, indicating that the last person to use it forgot to turn it off. Forgetfulness is usually a result from lack of sleep and drinking a large amount of a stimulative beverage such as, oh I don't know, coffee." Demetria says polishing her apple with the hem of her shirt.

"Let's not forget that we had eight coffee packets yesterday evening and we now have three. Also your mug has layered heat stains on it, four if I counted correctly, which leads me to the conclusion that this is your fifth mug." Demetria smiles smugly as she gains the adults awareness. The teen had always had quick observational skills with the ability of analyzing anything at a fast rate. Demetria's facts that oppose Lexa's statements had been a helpful reminder to the adult.

"If this is you trying to get out of going to school by proving you're smart, it's not working." Lexa said as she returned to typing on her laptop. Demetria groaned and subdued to silent chewing as she consumed her apple rapidly. The sound of footsteps bounding down the staircase intervened the momentary quietness, and Clarke appeared in the kitchen doorway.

"Good morning!" Clarke says with a smile that seemed brighter than the sun itself. Lexa's eyes snapped to the doorway as soon as she heard the blonde's voice and the corners of Lexa's lips tugged into a small smile.

"How are you?" Lexa asked Clarke, closing her laptop and pouring her cold coffee into the sink, much to Demetria's joy.

"Excited for this party, which we should start setting up as soon as Octavia leaves the house." Clarke says happily walking over to the kitchen island to sit on a stool next to Lexa. "How are you?" Clarke asks, frowning a bit as she took in Lexa's eye bags and red eyes.

"Fine." Lexa said giving her best impression of a person who slept for eight hours.

"You didn't sleep, did you?" Clarke asks, more of a statement than a question. She frowns as she tilts Lexa's head in order to get a better look at her eyes for more signs of fatigue.

"No, really I'm fine." Lexa says brushing Clarke's hands away from her face and instead holding them in her own. Demetria then mouthed an 'Ohhhh' as she realized the intense love and comfort the two shared.

"You're going to bed, like, now." Clarke states, disregarding Lexa's look of protest and pulling her up out of her chair.

"I wanted to get some work done before the party."

"I wanted to get a full night's sleep, yet I could still hear Raven and Luna's sensual cries at two am."

"Is that what that was? I thought Luna was watching a whale documentary." Demetria asks with a horrified expression, Lexa sent a look over Clarke's shoulder at the teen and Demetria returned to quietly nibbling on her apple. Clarke proceeded to shove Lexa out of the kitchen and tried to ignore the loss of warmth once she let go of Lexa's hand. Lexa didn't turn back as she walked out of the kitchen and to her room. Demetria waited before the sound of Lexa's feet dragging across the second floor had become a minimum before she started talking.