The Longest Car Ride

"So, do you want a doughnut?" Raven asks, filling the silence that followed once Demetria entered the car alone. The sound of the seat-belt buckling was Raven's only reply, so she shrugged and took another doughnut. "Hey you know, we live together now so you're gonna have to talk to me sometime." Demetria huffs out in defeat and she looks at Raven straight in the eye.

"I'm not threatened by you." Demetria states, keeping her face as stoic and placid as possible.

"Good to know, I'm Raven." Raven holds her hand out and Demetria looks at it distrustingly, not making any move to shake hands.

"Demetria." Demetria introduces herself looking straight ahead at the closed partition which hid the driver and security guard from her view.

"Do you know Stranger Things?" Raven attempts to get to know the girl, and avoid awkard silence.

"Nope."

"Do you know Glee?"

" I know Gluten."

"What about Netflix?"

"If I don't know what the Glee is what are the odds of me knowing Netflix?"

Raven raises her eyebrows at the girls sassiness and was about to retort when Clarke and Lexa entered the limo.

"Hey, you hungry?" Clarke asks Demetria as she sits next to the latter. Demetria nods silently and Raven glares daggers into the back of her head.

  "Why would you not accept my freaking doughnuts?" Raven asks, feigning a hurtful look as she holds her box of doughnuts. Lexa rolls her eyes and taps on the partition four times, and Clarke assumes that means food.

"I'm allergic to gluten." Demetria replies, tensing as she sees Clarke studying her.

"No she's not." Lexa quickly replies, fixing her hair in the car window reflection before focusing back to her phone.

The dry gravel crunching under the tires could be heard as they leave the foster home. Lexa sees Demetria visibly relax and continues to send some confirmation emails while the others held light discussion.

"Clarke this is serious" Raven says and then proceeds to cover Demetria's ears much to the teens annoyance.

  "She doesn't know what Netflix is, or maybe even TV." Raven finishes, and whispers the last part for effect.

"I'm sure they didn't have acces to anything, Raven." Clarke replies, and looks at Lexa for confirmation. "I'm pretty sure."

"No Clarke you're just pretty." Lexa says, not looking up from her phone. The blonde blushes furiously and was scrambling her thoughts for a witty response when Lexa slams her hand on the partition, hard.

   The car suddenly halts and lurches Raven forward, a string of profanities leaving her mouth as she made contact with the seat in front.

"This is why you wear your fucking seatbelt." Lexa reprimands Raven as she opens the partition with a  controlled yet infuriating look.

"Don't fucking swear in front of the god damn child." Clarke says, not realizing her own slip up as she eyes Demetria for injuries, despite her being buckled safely.

"I'm not a child." Demetria mumbles but her comment is ignored.

"What the fuck Lexa." Raven says, not necessarily looking for an answer but groaning as she sits back in her seat and buckles up.

"We took a wrong turn." Lexa simply states and sits back down after confronting her driver, who looked like he just got told he'd be living in hell.