Nine; Temporary Solution

Okay, I'll admit it. I fucked up. I completely and utterly fucked up. Adelina is right. I should've stayed away, I should've stayed gone, away from her at least. The shit going down here in New York requires all the attention it can get and I can't do that from Canada. Otherwise I wouldn't be here. None of us would be here, Adrienne wouldn't have gotten shot, Adelina wouldn't have been subjected to seeing coke spilled all over the floor right in front of her...

Fuck. I can't seem to shake the image, the look on her face as she fought her hardest not to take a dive into the floor and do what she's managed to avoid for two years. I can't help but admire the amount of restraint that took on her part. The irony of it all is absolutely astounding. That vase has been around for the longest and Adelina just so happens to be the one to knock it over.

Right when I got her to lay off of it and agree to come with me. Right when I thought it was going to be okay and the vase would stay on the table where it belonged. All it took was on small bump and there went a shred of Adelina's dignity a shred of my time and a hell of a lot more than a shred of money and patience of the person that coke was going to.

Now not only do I have to worry about Adelina and how she's faring with her most recent incident, Rayna and what the hell is going on with her and her parents, the police possibly coming to rain hell down on us due to the fuck up from last night, the clean and cover up from the fuck up, I have to worry about where I'm going to get the rest of this coke. Some of it was able to be salvaged but the majority had to be vacuumed up. Do you know how hard it is to successfully to pick coke out of a carpet?

Yeah, not fucking easy.

Either we find more coke that doesn't interfere with anyone else's purchases or pay out of pocket. It's not like we don't have the money because let's face it, we're fucking loaded, but, I'd rather not have to backtrack and pay them off. That's not only bad for business, that's bad for our reputation. We've never had to pay out of pocket for anything let alone something as simple a cocaine spill.

Between last night and this morning shit is already going downhill and I haven't been here more than two weeks.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard my bedroom door slam open with a pissed off Jason. I roll my eyes because I already know what I'm in for and quite frankly I'm not in the mood. "Save it." I shake my head before he can even open his mouth.

"Nuh uh-" He starts, putting his hand over his face, then pauses to recollect his thoughts and possibly try to stop himself from threatening me. He's making progress I'll give him that. "She has to go." He said bringing his hand down.

I groan loudly plopping down in the armchair next to the window. "What?" I drawl tapping my hands on the arm rest. "Are you going to throw a fit too?"

"You know what, Justin? I just fucking might!" He threw his hands up slapping them back down at his sides. "That crazy bitch down there," He pointed downstairs. "Is becoming a grade A pain in my ass."

"Jason, it was an accident for fucks sake, get over it." I sigh placing one of my hands over my eyes in frustration. The last thing I need is Jason's Jeremy like nagging in my ear.

"An acci-" He breathes. "That was no accident, she did that shit on purpose. It was another one of her attempts to piss you off. A tantrum is what that was."

Slowly dragging my hand off my eyes, I squint up at him. "I'm sorry?" Jason shoots up an eyebrow for me to continue. "Did you miss that entire meltdown?" Jason grunted crossing his arms. "I talked her down at the end of it." I defend Adelina. Yes it was her fault but not entirely.

"That's not how I see it." Jason cocked his head. I'm convinced that he just trying to start some shit for the sake of starting shit.

"Look, I know you're insane but now you're believing in shit that never happened? Do we need to get you some different meds?" I pout for extra measure.