Three; A New Perspective

Infuriating. That was the one of many words that came to mind when she was brought up, or if I thought about her. Stubborn is another she can be associated with but that would be the pot calling the kettle black. Both of us have the tendency of not listening but mine isn't as bad as hers.

I couldn't even get a word in, she doesn't know why I'm here and if she did, she would probably be more willing to listen to me. It had everything to do with her and her fucked off family. If only she knew her family isn't as innocent as they seem. She'll find out soon enough.

For as long as I've been without her, I haven't forgotten about her. As much as I've wanted to, I couldn't. The gifts that show up to her place of work or apartment? Those are from me, I've never missed a birthday, Christmas or a Valentine's day. It makes me want to kick my own ass. It's not like she ever accepts them because she knows they're from me.

You'd think three years would be enough time to get over someone. Yeah, I've had the occasional hookups but no one could ever compare to Adelina.

I will admit that I'd been unknowingly fucking around with her head since we got together. What I do know is, everything I did was for her and her safety. That's why I let her go. She needed her own life, a place to better herself. She was falling off track and slipping downwards instead of heading where she wanted. She became addicted to things she should've never been introduced to before, ever. She spent too much time worrying about me and not setting goals for herself, goals that I knew for a fact she wanted to reach. That she could reach. I wanted her to have a better life, a better man, a better everything.

I also didn't want her to be associated with me and my family anymore. Although, it shouldn't have, It made her a very easy target. People were coming for her left and right to get me.

Our competitors are growing tired of trying to co-exist with one another. You'd think that they would think twice about trying to pull a fast one, full well knowing what we're capable of. They're planning something. I can feel it, and my intuition is always right. The shooting at Bombshell wasn't random and it obviously wasn't an accident. Adelina's best friend isn't of the hook either. Carla knows far more than she lets Adelina know and the secrets she's keeping from her are going to come to light sooner or later. She knows too much and that's why she was targeted. It was a warning. She'd be smart to take it.

I lean back in my chair and take a sip of water from the bottle, beginning to think. My mind wanders to Adelina again and how much she's changed for the better. She's grown up not only physically but mentally. No longer seeing as much good in people as she used to. Making it all the more easier for her to be protecting since she isn't so trusting. It's my fault, the cause of her being standoffish stems back to me and all of the shit I put her through. Alas, more good than none came out as the end result.

The way I went about things wasn't the best way and I know that. It's all I think about. She wouldn't listen to her parents after they told her to stay away from me. They knew of me and my family and what we did for a living. They didn't approve, I mean who would? With our age difference and what my family and I did. Our relationship was doomed from the start.

Ade's parents are complete fucking halfwits in my opinion. They didn't care about Adelina when she lived with them nor do they now. All they care about is trying to repair their (now tarnished thanks to me) image. I honestly pity Ade's little sister Rayna. She's seventeen now. Even though we aren't supposed to be in touch, we are. I told her to come to me if she needed anything. I didn't want anything to happen to her because,

1. If something happened to her, her sister would have my head on a stick hanging from her balcony.

2. I care about her like she's my own sister.