Eight; Coke

"Last night was a shit show!"

I groan softly and open one eye, hearing the yelling that was coming from below me. As my eye opens I notice that this isn't my bed nor is it my apartment. My heart speeds up and my eyes water as the panic sets in. Where the hell am I? I shoot up from the bed and automatically grab my head in pain, closing my eyes again and suppress a whine. Why the hell does my head hurt so bad?

"Last night wouldn't of happened if you would learn to keep a fucking leash on your said allies."

"No, last night wouldn't have happened if you would've controlled that fucking mouth of yours."

I squint my eyes in pain when I finally open them back up to look at my surroundings. Wood floors, satin red sheets, Yeah.... definitely not my apartment.

"So what you're saying is, go against everything you taught me and take blatant disrespect?" A muffled voice asked sarcastically. I threw the big white blanket off of my legs and swung them over the side, my bare feet meeting the cold wooden floors. I was tired of laying here in this bed and even though my head hurt like a bitch I was still going to find out what the hell was going on.

Memories from last night coming back to me in short spurts. Carla being held at gunpoint, meeting Diana Romanovea, Sheila showing up, Justin interrupting my meeting, Carla being held at gunpoint...after that I couldn't remember a thing.

Standing up I wince once more, the constant pounding and throbbing in my head becoming more prominent as I walk to the door. I feel really woozy and dizzy so it's more like I stumbled and damn near fell on my face. Reaching the fuzzy looking door knob I turn the handle and manage to make it down a set of wooden steps without busting my ass. Following the sound of arguing voices I come to a long hallway with a long red carpeted rug and a chandelier swinging back and forth at the ceiling. A door is right in the middle slightly ajar. I peek in seeing Justin and Jeremy standing about car length away from each other, stances somewhat defensive.

"No, I'm saying be smart about it." Jeremy spoke slowly.

"I was. I did what I could under the circumstances. I took away the property when I could've taken his life, that's as smart as it gets." Justin said back smoothly.

Jeremy sighed, rubbing his left hand down his face and then keeping it covered. "No, causing a scene like that in public–"

"I didn't cause it." Justin interrupted. "Roberto did. He shouldn't have touched them." Well he is right about that. He fucked up as soon as he had Carla held at gunpoint. It was only a matter of if it would be me or Justin causing it. "Something had to be done then and there, you know what would've happened to them if we didn't react the way we did. There was no other way to handle it." Justin's balled fist lightly slammed into his ebony colored desk.

It was silent for a few seconds the only thing heard was the soft breathing coming from all three of us. "You can't continue to think illogically or I will not have you in charge. I'll have Jason above you."

Justin chuckled pressing his tongue against the inside of his cheek. "Jason? Are you kidding me? He's a fucking hothead. You think I'll run our name into the ground? Put Jason in charge and we'll see who puts us out of business then."

"He may be, but I know he's capable of making the right decisions." Jeremy shook his head. "I don't want to, Justin but, I will." Jeremy turned away while Justin sat quietly, jaw clenching so hard I wouldn't be surprised if he caught a case of lockjaw. You could tell Justin was trying to hold back and not say anything he would regret later. Jeremy was still his father and Justin did respect his parents no matter how much they pushed him.