Chapter 7

"Rise and shine!" I could hear faintly in the back of my mind. 

"Rise and shine, Keira!" My mum was trying to sing in a melodic tune. My mother pushed back my curtains and told me it's my first day of school. 

"You have one hour! Oh, and don't forget. It's own clothes!" My mother protested whilst walking out of my room. It took me a good five minutes to understand. When I had understood, I threw my cover on the floor and ran towards the bathroom. I was panicking. 'What shall I wear? How shall I do my hair?' I brushed my teeth, washed my face and had to rummage threw my suitcase, because I was still yet to unpack. 

'What to wear, what to wear?' I grabbed my black skinny jean, with a dark blue flowy top and black Doctor Martin's. I left my hair down and wavy. I applied some lip balm and started panicking when I realised I never had a school bag. My mum walked in, whilst I was adding studs to my ear's to complete my look. 

"Hey, darling." My mum handed a bag over to me. 

"No way!" I shrieked. My parents got me a Jil Sander Pusley 'market' bag. It was beautiful. It was creamy grey, with designs and little gems. I loved it! 

                                                                                   * * *

My dad shouted from downstairs. "C'mon. Your going to be late, on your first day!" 

                                                                                   * * *  

"Oh, c'mon Keira, before your dad get's too impatient!" 

                                                                                  * * * 

"Took your time!" My dad said with impatient in his voice. 

There I was. Standing in front of Bellville high school. 

"Bye mum. Bye dad!" My parents drove off. My mum opened the car window and shouted. 

"We'll pick you up after school!" I smiled sarcastically and walked towards the school. 'What a way to start the day.'  I headed for the reception to get my timetable. The school was much larger than the one's in England. So many people with their group of friends. 

"Yes, miss?" A woman with papers in her hands spoke. I turned round in shock and introduced myself. 

"Hi! My name is Keira and i'm a new student here." 

"Ahh, yes! Your from the UK. I have your timetable." She handed it over to me and told me to head to my form room, seen as the buzzer just rang. 

"Excuse me, would you mind showing me where it is?" 

"I suppose I could." The woman said. 

                                                                             * * * 

"Here it is. Your form tutors name is Mrs Winch. That's Mrs not Miss!" She said in an informative voice. I nodded my head and watched as the woman walked off. I stood at the door, took a deep breath in and knocked on the door. 

"Come in." 

"Hi!" 

"You must be Keira." 

"Yeah..." 

"Class, say hello to Keira. She moved here form London, England!" 

"Hey, Keira!" The class welcomed me. 

"You can take a seat right at the back there. sorry, that's the only seat left." 

I walked to the back, heads bobbing up and down, whispering. 

"That's the new girl Keira." 

"She moved here from London!" 

I slowly slid into my seat, when Mrs Winch pointed to me and said. 

"Tell us about yourself."  

The whole class turned in my direction; boys and girls, staring at me in anticipation. I started. I was so nervous with everybody staring at me. I spoke in a shaky voice. 

"Um..."