Chapter 9

I was on the phone to Brittnay, talking about what Eric and I done after school.

“So… Where did he take you?” Brittnay asked in excitement.

“He took me to an ice-cream parlour…” I said in a ‘dud’ tone.

“Aw! That’s so sweet. What else did you guys do?”

“Um… We went to the park, spoke a little… You know, just… Getting to know each other…”  I said with a smirk on my face.

“Oh yeah?” Brittnay asked curiously, and I could tell she must have been raising an eyebrow. We spoke a little and I was in my room, staring at my laptop. Ryan. I forgot! I told Brittnay I had to go and hung up. I switched my laptop on and signed onto skype. What would I tell Ryan, if he asked what I done today? Maybe I won’t say anything?

I saw Ryan’s name on the left hand side of the screen, with a green tick. He’s on line! I clicked on his name and started to type.

‘Hey Ryan!’

‘Hey Keira! How’s it going? How was school?’

‘School was good. Great actually.’

‘That’s good. Can I video you?’

‘Yeah, sure Ryan.’  I waited until he videoed me and I accepted. We spoke about school. My new friends that I made. I asked Ryan how school was.

“Boring. I have no-one to talk to after school.”

“Aw, Ryan. I miss you! I wish I could be there!... I have to tell you something…”

“Keira… What is it?”

“I, uh… You know how I went to school, well… I told my friends about you… You know, and then this boy Eric; he came up to me and he um…” I spoke and could see Ryan’s jaw clentch. Dam. This was a bad idea. I carried on. “He put his arms around my waist and he took me out to an ice-cream parlour and we spoke. But it wasn’t a date.” I spoke nervously. Ryan’s jaw was clentched and I could see anger in his eye’s. We stared at each other in silence for half a minute, then Ryan spoke after composing himself.

“I trust you Keira! I trust you enough to know you won’t do anything.” He spoke calmly. I was surprised.

“Ryan… I do love you! I would never-“ I was cut off from Ryan’s voice.

“I know. I love you too! Don’t worry. I trust you. But if things get worse, I might have to come.” He joked and winked at me. I smiled sheepishly and blushed.

“So tomorrow’s Friday. What you got planned?” He asked.

“Um… Nothing really. I might ask Brittnay and the rest of the girls to stay round mine…”

“Oh, nice. Anyway’s Keira, I have to go. Talk tomorrow?”

“Okay. Yeah, tomorrow.” I smiled and signed off Skype. I texted Mikayla, Olivia, Stephanie and Brittnay if they could come and stay round mine tomorrow after school. I sent a group text.

‘Hey guys. Do you want to come round mine after school tomorrow and stay the night?’

‘Sure Keira. That would be nice.’ Olivia replied.

‘Yay! I would love to!’ Stephanie answered.

‘Of course! How fun!’ Mikayla replied.

‘Yes! I would love to!’ Brittnay wrote back.

‘Awesome. It’s settled. See you guy’s tomorrow!’ I replied back. I was so excited. I made friends, nice friends. It was 9:00P.M and I went over to my bed and layed there, staring at the ceiling until I dozed off.