Chapter 6

I landed in Texas and my family and I were in a cab on our way to our new home. It was the end of August and I had to go to school soon. We reached our house in Austin. It was enormous, great two big brown doors welcoming us in. We had marble flooring... I ran upstairs to see my room. I had a four post double bed with bedside cabinets all in oak brown, I had a desk in the right corner, a walk in wardrobe and a plasma TV. I ran downstairs to hug my parents. 

"Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you! I love my room!" 

"Anything for our little girl!" My mum protested. But just then, I remembered about Ryan and ran upstairs and buried myself into my pillows and sulked. 

The first day and I was already missing him. It was 9:00 A.M. here, so I decided to switch my laptop on and check out our time difference. Six hours! I logged onto skype and entered Ryan's address... I was thinking he should be on as it's 3:00 P.M. in England. I left Ryan a message. 

'Hey Ryan, I'm here... In Austin.' 

Five minutes later, I received a reply saying. 

'I'm going to video you, okay?'

'yup!'

Ryan's face popped up on the screen; I could see his brown hair and his green eye's. I felt relaxed. 

"Hey, Keira. How's Austin? I'm already missing you!" 

"Hey, Ryan. Yeah, it's okay. It's quite hot! I miss you too! I told you I wouldn't lose the address!" 

"Ahaha. I knew you wouldn't!" Ryan winked. 

"So... When are you starting school?" 

"Tomorrow. First day. I'm so nervous!" Keira let out in a shaky tone. 

"Don't be." Ryan reassured me. "You'll be fine. What school you going to?" 

"Um... Bellville high school." 

"Is it mixed?" Ryan asked in curiosity. 

"Yeah, it is. Don't get jealous know. I'm sure there's no competition!" Keira joked whilst winking at Ryan. Ryan felt the urge to clarify  that just because were in different countries, doesn't mean were not in a relationship. 

"Ryan! I'm not going to go with someone else. We are together; in a re-lat-ion-ship. Keira spelled out. 

                                                                                 * * *

6:00 P.M. - My mum made linguine pasta and served us our dinner. It was quiet. Our dinner's are not usually this quiet. So I decided to speak and break the ice a little.

"So, um... Mum, dad. School tomorrow." I said whilst swirling my fork around the pasta.

"So, who's going to take me?" Keira shrieked in amazement.

"Uh, we'll both take you, honey." My dad smiled.

I put down my fork and asked my parents if I could be excused. I slid my chair back and stood up, tucked it in carefully because I didn't want to make a scratch on the floor. I kissed my parents on the cheeks and wished them goodnight. I walked upstairs in silence and put my snoopy pajamas on, threw my duvet cover half way down my bed and laid on my bed, staring at the ceiling until I fell asleep.