Chapter 5

I was up and ready by two-thirty A.M. I went down to the kitchen and grabbed a snack. My parents were downstairs and asked me if i'm going to say good-bye to Ryan before we leave. I replied and said. 

"Yes. I'm meeting him in two minutes!" I completley forgot about the time and ran outside the door and into the dark, depressing atmosphere outside. I saw a guy and yelled. 

"RYAN!" 

No reply. So I walked towards him and it was a complete stranger! He started harassing me, asking me to take my jacket off. I told him. 

"No. Go away!" But he insisted and un-zipped my jacket. I was screaming and I was terrified. Ryan wasn't here! Just before the man pulled my left sleeve down, Ryan appeared and I yelled. 

"Ryan, HELP!!" Yelled a second time. 

"Ryan! HELP!!" I heard footsteps coming towards us and it was Ryan. The man just ran off. Ryan picked up my jacket and pulled my left sleeve back up and gave me my jacket. He was looking at me, scanning me. He asked me. 

"You okay? I'm sorry I wasn't here. I had some trouble leaving the house."

"Yeah, i'm fine. It's okay." I replied. By this time it was five to three and I had to go soon, so we exchanged skype addresses. He told me not to loose it. Like I would. Pfft! He took my hand and told me to leave it open. He pulled out a ring. A silver ring! He slid it on to my middle finger and told me to always wear it and never take it off. I asked him. 

"What's this?" 

"It's a promise ring."

"Oh, nice." He looked at me and sharply showed me his right hand. 

"See, i'm wearing one too!" 

I smiled and said. 

"A promise ring?" 

"Yeah. So we will always be together!"

I smiled and hugged him, and told Ryan. "I love it. Thank-you!" 

"It's okay!" 

Just two minutes left and so Ryan grabbed me by the waist and kissed me. Every one to two kisses, he would tell me 'I love you.' I gazed into his eye's and kissed him passionately back. We kissed for a whole two minutes and I heard a car horn and I had to go. It was 3:00 A.M. Ryan and I looked at each other again. He kissed me and I kissed him back. I held his hands and squeezed them. I kissed his hand where the promise ring laid. I kissed him one more time and slowly released my hands from his, whilst blowing a kiss. I whispered. 

"I love you!" 

"I love you too!" And Ryan blew me a kiss. 

I jumped in the car, closed the door and my dad began to drive the car. Ryan was standing outside the car and he blew me a kiss and I blew him one back. He turned his back and walked towards his house. I turned my head to the back window of the car and just stared at Ryan entering his house. I had tears in my eye's and placed myself back into my seat.