The Bet *Losing Hope

Oh my! 7,000,000+ reads! Thank you so much everyone! ♥ :)

The songs for this chapter are With Me by Sum 41, Too Much by All Time Low, and Little Lion Man by Mumford and Sons (suggested by AriaRaines). Banner on the side by IamaRyHard.

Happy Reading! (:

Chapter 53 *Losing Hope*

~ Drake

My stomach is twisting into knots, and my heart pounds on every step I take. Still, I continue to walk. I'm like a lost spirit— a lost ghost. My life is just a piece of crap now. I don't have a direction anymore.

It's my entire fault.

Self pity— the worst enemy.

Everything I worked hard for came crashing down in just a single day.

My mind replays the scene from yesterday again and again. As if I still need a reminder of my worst day.

I hate you. I hate everything about you.

I'm not stupid! I know your bet with Andre!

I pretended that I was falling in love with you.

My head wants to explode! Someone is hammering it, and I can't think clearly!

I never want to see you again!

I want to bang my head on a wall to stop these thoughts from haunting me. I can't take it anymore! I'm going to be crazy!

I went home last night after I talked to Pie. I wanted to run after her but I knew she needed to be alone. She would just be angry at me if I followed her.

I didn't eat and sleep. I didn't even have a piece of mind. I haven't talked to a single person for the past few hours. As soon as the sun came up, I walked out of the house and got inside my car.

I drove to the places where I had a great time with Pie. Every little thing reminds me of her.

The Paint Shop. Coffee Academy. The Dark Alley. The Mall. The river where we watched the fireworks display. The Park.

One time, my tears blurred my vision I almost crashed on the streetlights. Fortunately, I spun the wheel at the last second.

So here I am, walking on a secluded place in town. My tears are too many to handle. I don't even recall the last time I cried. Well, exceptt for last night. I can't die without seeing Pie for one last time.

A bird perched on a tree snaps me out of my trance. It's chirping a simple sound.

Suddenly it makes me think of Pie.

I still remember the day when I heard her singing a song. It's one of those days when she was still living in Andre's house. I was about to knock and ask her about our homework in Literature but a muffled sound made me stop.

Inconspicuously, I open the door without knocking. What I see surprised me.

Her hair's up in a messy bun, but it looks good on her. Like, she styled it. Her eyes are closed and she's singing. She really feels the song. Her fingers are snapping to the tune of the music only she can hear. I think her headphones are blasting in their full volume.

A brush is on her hand, and she's using it like a microphone. Her voice is so sweet, like cotton candy that melts on your tongue. Her head is nodding, banging like a rockstar. She's carefree, like she owns the world.