The Bet *Double Trouble

The song for this chapter is Don’t Let Me Fall by Lenka. You can watch the trailer of the ACLTCL on the side. If you want to watch the whole movie, it's posted online. Just search it. Don’t forget to like the Facebook page :)

Happy Reading! (:

Chapter 32 *Double Trouble*

~Sophia

“What movie do you want to watch?” Parker asks.

Draky shrugs. “Anything,” he says, flicking his hair away from his eyes.

I don’t know why he agreed to come with us; he doesn’t even look interested in watching a movie.

Three movies are playing today; It’s Kind Of A Funny Story, Life As We Know It, and A Crazy Little Thing Called Love.

“I think Life As We Know It is funny,” I suggest.

“It’s Kind Of A Funny Story is funnier,” Draky says amusedly.

“I like A Crazy Little Thing Called Love,” Parker says.

Chloe smiles – a sure sign she’s agreeing with him.

“You’re asking what we want but you’re the one who gets to choose,” I protest, crossing my arms over my chest.

Parker smiles and ruffles my hair.

“A movie from Thailand?” I ask incredulously.

“We need subtitles,” Chloe informs me.

“Why watch a movie if you’re just going to read what they’re talking about?” asks Draky.

“You’ll see," Parker says smugly, "you’ll thank me later after we watched it.”

“I doubt it,” I mutter.

“I’ll buy tickets,” he announces.

“No,” Draky protests, “I’ll—“

“I’m the one who chose the movie we’re going to watch,” he interjects.

He’s right, but I want Draky to spend his money so that Parker can save his.

“I’ll buy snacks then,” he offers.

“We just ate,” I say.

What am I doing? I thought I want him to use his money? And now I’m saying that we just ate snack even though it was a few hours ago. Oh, right, because I want him to feel useless.

Unfortunately, Chloe is disagreeing with me because she says, “That’s a good idea!”

Is she really this optimistic?

“Four popcorns then?” Draky asks.

“Just two,” Parker comments, “I’ll share with Chloe and you share with Sophia."

My eyes widen at that. I have to—

“Anything else?” he asks, raising his eyebrows.

“Drinks,” Chloe adds.

“Okay."

As soon as he goes off to the popcorn booth, I turn to Parker. “How could you do that?” I demand. “You invited him already and now I have to share my popcorn with him!”

“Why are you acting like it’s a big deal?” he asks bemusedly. “It’s as if there’s something going on.”

When I don’t respond, he repeats, “Is there?”