The Bet *Unfortunate Event

I hope you'll like this :> The songs are Fifteen by Taylor Swift and Just A Kiss by Lady Antebellum. Banner by Abby Arnold. Awesome trailer on the side by ForeverNAlwaysILY. Please join the Facebook page! Thank you! =D

Happy Reading! (:

Chapter 47 Part 2 *Unfortunate Event*

~Sophia

“How many months?”

“What months?”

“How many months were you two together?”

“Um, seven,” I answer. “Do you know him?” The question just pop in my head.

When I calmed down after my outburst earlier, Draky asked me if I wanted to go home. I said no because I can’t bare the thought of my parents seeing me like this. They’ll realize something bad has happened, and I don’t want them to be worried about me. So here we are, in the park, seated on a wooden bench beside a big oak tree.

“Something like that,” he says, a faraway look on his face.

I’m confused. When Skye and I were together, he didn’t mention Draky. If he did, I’ll surely remember.

“Care to elaborate?” I urge.

“Well, I don’t really know him,” he starts. “His face is just familiar. It’s like I’ve seen him a couple of times before.”

“He was a student in our school.”

“Oh,” he mutters. “Maybe that was why he was familiar.”

“Remember what happened with a senior and a junior?” I ask quietly.

His brows furrow at my question. “Yeah. Why?” His eyes slowly widens as realization takes in. “That was him?!”

“Yes,” I whisper, lowering my head, and wishing I can hide in the curtain of my hair.

“That happened a year ago, right?”

“Right,” I confirm.

Draky looks at me sideways, and then he sighs. “Pie.”

I find the ground really interesting. “What?” I mumble.

“Look at me.”

I can’t. Because I’m ashamed that my ex boy friend is a jerk. And is a stupid guy. And he didn’t even love me. And I’m an idiot for falling—

Suddenly, Draky closes the little space between us. He puts his hand on my chin and tilts my head up. I’m surprised because he has a gentle touch.

“Wha – what are y-you doing?” I stutter.

His eyes, his blue eyes gaze at me as if he can see to the depths of my soul. His stare is unwavering, his beautiful eyes stayed focus on my eyes, searching my face for the question he only know.

“Sophia. . .”

I’m afraid he can see my deepest darkest secrets so I close my eyes.

“Pie.”

I don’t want to see his reaction because I know it will cause me pain. He’s still holding my face and I know he’s not going to let go any minute now.

“Open your eyes.”

“No,” I whisper.

I can feel every part of my body tingling at his touch. I know our faces are just a few inches away from each other. What am I doing, thinking about these things, when I have a bigger problem in hand?