The Bet *Revelation

Happy Reading! (:

Chapter 15 *Revelation*

~ Sophia

Blank white walls are staring at me wherever I look.

Where am I?

Stupid question! Of course I am in the most dreading place I can imagine.

Why am I here?

Is there someone I know who’s –

No. I can’t even finish that line of thought.

I’m like a protagonist in a story, trying to find the end of the maze, desperately searching for the finish line.

Wherever hallways and floors I go, it still is the same. The blank white paint is closing in on me, making it hard to breathe. I run frantically, searching for someone to help me.

In the corner of my eye, I see a door on my right. The first one I’ve seen so far. I make my way towards it quietly and slowly. I don’t know why I’m afraid someone will see me when in the first place, I wanted to see a human being. My heart is pounding so hard in my chest, maybe from nervousness than in fear of what I’m going to see.

When I’m about to twist the doorknob, a loud scream makes me startle. Everything becomes blurry all of a sudden. All around me, it’s fading. I am fading.

Opening my eyes, a sigh of relief escapes from my mouth when I realize it was just a dream. Blinking my eyes, I focus on my breathing to return to normal.

I’ve never been so glad to be in this room. But wait! A loud scream woke me up and I’m sure it was not part of the dream.

Light footsteps are coming from the hallway. If I’m not wrong, the scream came from the room across from mine.

Draky.

I sit upright which makes me dizzy. I wait for a few seconds before I stand up because my vision is quite blurry. I don’t know why I’m suddenly nervous. Perhaps because I’m afraid something happened to Draky. At that thought, I get up from the bed and walk out of my room, not bothering to glance at a mirror.

Whispers can be heard inside Draky’s room. I’m about to knock when I hear my name comes out from Andre’s mouth. I know it’s rude to eavesdrop but I want to know why are they talking about me, or rather, why did Andre say my name.

Swallowing the lump in my throat and calming the bubbles that are rising in my stomach because of the excitement, I move closer to the door to hear them clearly. It feels like a dé jà vu when I overhear my pa–

“What happened?” Andre asks, interrupting my thoughts.

“I had a dream,” Draky whispers, “A nightmare.” I notice that his voice is a little shaky.

Maybe it was the reason why he screamed. A smirk makes its way onto my face. I thought guys screaming because of a nightmare only happen in movies. I know I shouldn’t make fun of him, but Draky screaming because of a nightmare is close to impossible.

Draky asks Andre a question I didn’t hear. Okay, it’s time to shut up my babbling mind.

“I couldn’t sleep,” Andre says, “so I walk around the house, waiting for the drowsiness to take me.”

Perhaps Draky asked him how he heard him. I wonder why Aunt V isn’t here. Maybe she’s dreaming peacefully. What time is it anyway? A few hours after midnight?