(Chapter Fourteen)

Jason's POV:

I'm overcome with tiredness all of a sudden but I know I won't be able to sleep until I found her. My baby girl. I can't hear her thoughts anymore, which means she's off the packs territory... Oh no, this isn't going to end well, I can tell... There are so many dangers out there and I couldn't bear it if anything were to happen to her.

-------------------------------------

It's almost midnight... Almost her sixteenth birthday and we still haven't found her.

Is she lost??? Is she hungry??? Is she hurt??? Questions flood through my head as Shay walks up to me.

"I don't mean to be a buzz-kill Alpha, but remind me again why we're searching for this stupid rouge???" She says into my mind as her Wolfe eyebrows raise. I know she doesn't like

Aubrey as much as the next person but she doesn't have to be a bitch about it. And nobody, and I mean nobody, insults my mate.

I use my authoritative voice to speak to her, "Aubrey is just as much a member of this pack as you are so I don't want to hear your bullshit right now!!! Got it??? We won't stop looking until we find her even if it takes forever!!!" I need to calm down. She's not even technically my mate yet but I can't help myself for so e reason. I don't want to want her but I want her more than anything at the same time...

Shay bows her head in submission but I can hear a slight growl as she struts away. Bitch...

We just have to keep looking. Although we've been searching for hours i have a real good feeling that we will find her soon. And don't say I'm just being optimistic because I'm serious.

You see, it's been dark outside for hours now. Aubrey's birthday is tomorrow which means once it's midnight, if we really are destined to be together, I will be able to track her down by her scent. They say a mates scent drives the other one crazy. That it intoxicates them so much that the other practically goes crazy when they smell it. That sounds nice, don't ya think??? Going crazy because of a smell... I wonder what she'd smell like if I turned her on...

Wait, hold up, nope. Can't be thinking like that right now... We have to find her. Not having her here beside me right now is pretty much tearing me apart. I feel lonely and lost, even though I know exactly where we are.

"Son, we checked the entire perimeter of the packs land. She's not here, and we can't risk the lives of others by going off the land to look for her." I hear my fathers voice in my head.

"Fine. Then gather a small bunch of the pack warriors and have them go two miles out in each direction." They'll surely find her. She couldn't have gotten far. When people phase for the first time in a long time it hurts like hell and takes a lot of their energy. She must've fallen asleep by now because werewolves are obligated to stand by their pack. They may not have to live on pack lands but they certainly do have to inform us of everything if they don't live here.

"Tarrence, Carrack, Dominic, Shaun, Brian, and Andrew, spread out on each side of the Pack territory and find the girl. When you find her bring her back right here. We can't have any wolves attacking us when we're not on our land. And guys... Be careful." That was the last words before we all ran off in separate directions.

Im displeased by the fact that Tarrence is coming along. I don't want him to be the one to find her just so he can be her stupid savior that she looooovvveeess so very much because he found her. He better keep his filthy paws off of her, and I mean it...

About a mile into running I'm suddenly hit with the most amazing scent. It was a mix of vanilla and cherries and my god did it get me going in all the right ways. I mean... Those are my two favorite scents and I just happen to be smelling them right now???