Chapter 27

Finn walked into the bar, scanning the patrons for Logan.  He spotted him sitting at the dark end of the room.  He gave a little wave to Finn as he wove his way through the crowd to his seated friend.

"I'm glad you were able to come down," Logan said.

They shook hands and gave each other the double-pat man hug.

"It's good to have you back, Huntzberger," Finn replied with a soft smile.

Logan signaled the bartender for a round.  He poured them each a drink.

"Is she really alright?  I feel like this is all my fault," Logan began.  He felt guilty for had happened earlier.

"She's upstairs waiting for ice cream.  Once that arrives, I'm sure she'll be just fine," Finn said with a chuckle.  "You've got no control over the Parisian Princess."

"Parisian Princess?" he asked, slightly confused by the reference.  "Oh, Odette!" he said and laughed.  "She definitely acts like one most of the time."

"I guess you would know that better than anyone," Finn said taking a drink.  Logan nodded his head in agreement.

"So, what brings you two to NYC?" Logan asked, feeling the need to steer the conversation away from Odette.

"I've got to work at the office here on Monday and Tuesday.  Rory just turned in a few chapters to her editor, so I figured I'd treat her to an extended weekend away," Finn replied.  "What about you?"

"I had a big meeting today with Mitchum at the office here.  Odette insisted on coming with and would have whined until she got her way if I had said no.  I didn't feel like fighting, and seeing us together makes my parents happy," Logan replied with a half-hearted laugh.

"At least something good came out of this trip, Mate," Finn said as he smiled and raised his glass toward Logan.  Logan raised his in return and took a drink.

"That is true.  I should have kept my mouth shut earlier and just messaged you," Logan said ruefully.

"What's done is done.  Now, we move onto damage control," Finn replied, waving to the bartender for a second round.

Upstairs, Rory couldn't have been more surprised by her visitor.  "Odette, I thought you were room service."

"Do I look like the help to you?  This outfit costs more than you make in a year," she replied snidely.

"No, I....uh...I was just surprised that you'd -" Rory only managed to get out half a thought before she was interrupted.

"Save it, Ace.  That's what he calls you, non?"

"What?  How?"

"That doesn't concern you," she replied rudely.

Rory was stunned for a moment.  She took a deep breath and managed to gather her wits.  "What are you doing here, Odette?"

"I'm here to make sure you are ok.  I was so worried about you," she said sweetly and pushed her way past Rory into the suite.

"Excuse you, but I did not invite you in," Rory said sternly.

"You want to know what I know, n'est-ce pas?" she asked knowingly.

"I don't think you know anything," Rory replied and closed the door.  She couldn't risk any sort of physical altercation, nor did she want the rest of the hotel to hear what was happening.

"I know you're Rory Gilmore, daughter of Lorelai Gilmore and Christopher Hayden.  Your grandparents are Emily and the late Richard Gilmore.  The Haydens have never claimed you as any sort of relation.  You were simply a blemish on their son's reputation."