Chapter 3

"What are you doing here?" Rory asked, surprised by the visitor.

"I was in Hartford, and decided to stop by to take you out for dinner, but you weren't here.  I tried texting and calling, but it went straight to voicemail.  I got worried, so I waited here," he said, turning his gaze to Finn.  "I guess I didn't need to worry...."

Logan gave Finn a dirty look.

"Mate, I was worried about Rory, which is why we met up earlier this week.  I thought she could use a little fun, so we went to dinner and the theatre," Finn tried to explain.

"If you'll excuse us for a minute, Finn, I'd like to talk to Logan.....ALONE!"

"Sure, Love," Finn replied.

Rory led Logan to the kitchen.  Finn was curious and didn't want to intrude, but he could hear Rory from the living room.

"What the hell do you think you're doing here, Logan?" she began.

"Ace, I ....." Logan started.

"NO!  You don't get to Ace me!  You made your choice.  While I appreciate you want to help me and be involved with the baby, you don't get to dictate my life.  You bought the house for me and the baby.  I gave you a key, so you could visit your child, not so you could drop by when you're in town," Rory said, pausing.  She took a deep breath to gather her composure.  "And I appreciate you wanting to take me to dinner, I really do...."

"Rory, just let me explain...."

"Explain what?"

"I miss you," Logan confessed.

"I miss you, too, but....."

"I miss you.  I can't stop thinking about you.  I don't want to live without you in my life!  I want you.....no, I need you!  I love you, Rory!" Logan admitted.  He didn't know why he couldn't admit this before, but he had to get it off his chest.

Rory's anger built.  I can't believe he has the nerve to come in here and say all of these things to me.  Hasn't he put me through enough?  I was the one carrying his baby!  How could he be so damn selfish? She thought indignantly.

"Logan, are you still married to Odette?"

"Yes," he replied sheepishly.

"Are you going to stay married to Odette?"

"Yes, but...."

"But what?  Unless you've served her with divorce papers, you have your answer.  I won't be Anne Boleyn to your King Henry VIII!  It's not fair to anyone....me, the baby and Odette!" she said hotly.

"You're right.  I just don't know what to do!  Please, tell me what to do, Rory!" he begged.

"I can't do that, and you know that."

"I'm so sorry, you're right.  I shouldn't have come here.  Please don't be mad at me, I'm really sorry," he said, embarrassed and nearly in tears.

"Me, too, Logan......me, too," she replied softly.

She watched him walk out the back door.  She took a moment to collect herself, as she was nearly in tears from Logan's visit.  Rory took a deep breath, fanned her damp eyes, and rejoined Finn in the living room.

"What was that all about, Love?" Finn asked.  He could see she was still upset.  He wrapped his arms around her and held her for a moment.  He felt Rory start to relax.  She pulled away and walked to the couch.  The both sat down.

"Do I really need to explain Logan to you, Finn?  Besides, I'm sure you heard us," she said.

"Some of it, but you don't need to explain him.  I've seen it before.  You don't need that kind of stress with the baby," Finn replied, fully understanding the situation.

"He magically decided he wants to be with me because he loves me and needs me.  The problem is he won't do anything about Odette.  I told him I wouldn't be his other woman.  He wants me to tell him what to do, and I won't do that.  I can't do that," she said, starting to get upset again.

Finn puts his arm around Rory's shoulders.  She turns into his chest and buries her face.  He wrapped his arms around the crying girl, and gently stroked her hair to comfort her.  Finn just wanted to take away the pain.  How could Logan do this to her? He thought.  They sat on the couch for a few minutes until Rory had calmed down.

"I'm so sorry to get you into the middle of this, but thank you for being a great friend!  I don't want to come between you and Logan, you know that, right?"

"Love, don't worry about me and Logan.  That's for us to sort out, and if he can't handle it, that's his problem!"

"Could I ask a favor, Finn?" she inquired.  "Will you stay with me for a while longer, please?  I don't think I can be alone right now."

"Anything for you!  I'm here for you, Darling, and I'd be happy to stay," Finn said.

"Thank you, Finn," she said and kissed him on the cheek.

He blushed a little at her kiss.  She had him wrapped around her finger, and she didn't even know it.  He didn't tell her that he feared Logan may try to come back.  Logan always got what he wanted and was very persistent.  Finn didn't want Rory to be subjected to his confessions again.

The two watched a movie until Rory fell asleep, as he suspected she would.  He carried her into her room and tucked her into bed, just as he had the night before.  Only tonight, he decided not to leave her all alone.  He found his way to a guest room.  He stripped down to his underwear and laid down in bed.  He was wide awake when his phone started buzzing.

Logan: What the hell do you think you're doing?  I thought you were my best friend!  You know how I feel about her!  How could you do this to me?

Finn: I am your friend, and I'm not doing anything with her except being there for her.  Don't forget she's my mate, too.  She said goodbye to all of us, and I was worried, so I reached out to her.

Logan: You had no right, Finn.....

Finn: You don't get to tell me what to do, and it was a damn good thing I was here after that shit you tried to pull!

Logan: She's mine, Finn......stay AWAY!

Finn: She's not your property, Mate.  And I'm not going after her - we're friends and she needs someone who understands her situation, her past.

Logan: You know what I mean....

Finn: If you truly love her, then you'd want someone who cares to help her through this, and is there for her.  Or do you want her jumping into the arms of a stranger?

Logan: You're right.  I jumped to conclusions and let jealousy take over.  I'm just so confused about all of this.  I do love her.

Finn: I think you're better off leaving her alone for now.  And might I suggest some professional help?  You really need to talk to someone about this because you can't keep doing this to her.  It's not fair to her.

Logan: Thanks.  Promise me you'll take good care of her and be there for her.  She needs a good friend.

Finn: I will, I promise.

This beautiful woman did not deserve to be treated like this!  She should be spoiled and worshipped, Finn thought.  He hoped he could be the friend she needed.  All he could think about was spoiling her and making her happy.  He finally relaxed enough to fall asleep, with a smile, and thinking about the lovely creature in the next room.