27 // THE TRAINING

"ARE YOU SURE THAT she's okay to do this?" Alexander frowned at Blue as Remi and Spencer started getting undressed.

"She's tough," Blue smiled at me.

"Mhmm," I agreed.

"But-" she tried.

"It's fine," I assured her. "Besides, it's Remi and Spence. They won't hurt me."

"They're going to be transforming though," Alexander frowned.

"Look around," I smirked at her. "There are more than enough people to contain two Werewolves if they lose control."

"Werewolves?" Linoleum asked as he looked around quickly. After the storm, he had retreated into the forest and Spencer told me that he has a weird plant shack out there. We had all made it to the quarry when he just appeared. "Where?"

"Why did you have to come out of the forest?" Blue snapped at him and I chuckled.

"They're fast Valkyrie," Atlas warned me.

"I can be pretty nimble," I shrugged and he shook his head at me. "What?"

"You aren't taking this seriously enough," he sighed.

"Oh, am I supposed to pretend that my cousins are little mini Kaisers with the intent to kill or maim?" I rose an eyebrow at him.

"It takes a single second to make a wrong move Valkyrie," he snapped and I narrowed my eyes at him. He paused for a second, then shook his head again. "Sorry, I'm ju-"

"Is that how you got the scar on your chest?" I interrupted. "You made a wrong move?"

Atlas looked at me, almost like he was in shock. Was I not supposed to know about it or something? I mean, he knew that I knew about it so why did he look like that?"

"Come on Valkyrie," Blue said and I looked over quickly to see two wolves. I forgot about Atlas and grinned at them before walking closer.

"You are like big puppies," I told them and the grey one growled.

"Spence is the brown one," Apollo told me and I nodded.

"So you know what I want you to do right?" Blue asked.

"Mhmm," I hummed. They were both going to come at me at the same time and I had to stop both of them simultaneously with different elements. I was allowed to use all of them except fire, because fur was quite flammable and the last thing I wanted was to hurt either of them.

Remi and Spencer started running away from me, both going in opposite directions. I took a deep breath and tied my hair up in a ponytail before holding my hands up at them both.

"Just take it slow Valkyrie," Blue called.

Remi started running and I tried to blow him back with some air, but by the time that I managed to knock Remi off of his paws, Spencer charged into me and knocked me down as well.

I hadn't even seen Spencer start running.

I got up again and Remi and Spencer retook their positions. Spencer must be faster than Remi, so I should watch her to start with. I did that, but like I thought she was a lot faster than Remi so she jumped out of the way of the oncoming blast.

I narrowly stepped out of the way as she came barrelling towards me, but when I was safe from her I got hit with Remi.

"Think Valkyrie," Blue ordered me and I looked over to glare at him. In my distraction, I hadn't seen Remi and Spencer take off. I didn't have enough time to get focused again, so Remi crashed into me again. As I hit the ground, I groaned and Remi flinched away, then nuzzled his nose into my stomach to make sure I was okay.