31 / Surprised Awakening

© an affiniteas 2011-2012 ink on Wattpad

31 / Surprised Awakening

This feeling.

It was hard to explain actually.

The last thing I saw in my mind were a bunch of daisies. They were circling around me, just swaying from side to side, with actual smiling faces in the center. Honestly, it was creeping me out a bit. That was until one daisy started speaking — yes, with moving lips and everything — telling me that it was time to wake up.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

My eyes fluttered open slightly, being greeted by a bright light. The light wasn't coming from the ceiling. The source was coming from the right side of me. It was sunshine, seeping through the window.

I was alive.

Blinking several times, I stared at the ceiling for a moment until someone hovered over me. Wincing slightly from surprise, I had to make sure that I wasn't seeing things.

Carly?

Except Carly looked older and much taller. I was sure that the little girl hasn't grown that tall. It has only been a month or so. Hasn't it? 

Squinting my eyes, the Carly I was looking at gasped happily, knowing that I was awake. She grinned ear to ear, almost waiting for me to say something.

"Carly, is that you?" I answered weakly, my focus was gradually getting better.

Older Carly gave me a chirpy reply, "You're finally awake! You've been sleeping forever!"

Gulping down, I asked through a shiver, "How long?"

"For ten years! Can't you see? I'm a lot older now," Carly announced, nodding her head as her locks of brown hair followed her movements.

Wait a second.

Ten years!

Losing my cool, I tried to get up from my sleeping position. 

I shouted from panic, "Oh my god, it's been ten years? Have I aged? I'm thirty years old right now!"

Frantically looking around the perimeter, I was on a hospital bed in a private room. The older Carly was the only one here. My eyes shook from bewilderment when I found a cast on my left leg. 

The accident. 

Everything replayed right back to that moment. Bryce, his mother, Logan, the car  — everything. My mind was starting to get all dizzy. This couldn't be happening. Another dream, that must be it. As I took deep breaths, I gazed back at Carly who was standing there joyfully with her hands behind her back.

I pointed at her, still shaking.

"This is a dream, right?" 

Carly shook her head. 

Here I was, so close to jumping out of the bed and run off to see what has become of the world until a little voice popped out.

"Okay, I think we should stop now before Lockhart here loses her mind, Candace."

At that instance, a little girl rose from the left side of my bed, making me scream. The little girl was Carly — still a nine year old, still adorable as ever. Clamping my mouth shut, my widened eyes then looked back Older Carly.

It was Candace Reynolds this whole time?

Shaking my head once more, I started to laugh a little hysterically.