16 / Destined at Birth

© an affiniteas 2011-2012 ink on Wattpad

16 / Destined at Birth

"You have got to be kidding me. What kind of birthday gift is this?"

You could just imagine the look on all our faces hearing that. Never did I see Bryce look so downright disgusted. 

The girl blinked her blue-green eyes numerous times and pouted. Maybe she couldn't comprehend what she just heard.

She let out a whine, "You hurt me, Brycey!"

Bryce appeared to be sick in the stomach. He shook his head vigorously, indicating that he was leaving.

"I got to go —"

Before Bryce could even make a move, the girl grabbed him by the arm and smiled.

"Help me carry my bags up to my room, Brycey! Let's catch up."

"You're not the queen over here," Bryce spat out, not bothering to look at her in the eye.

The annoying girl wouldn't budge as she was clinging onto him like monkey bars. Glancing back at David and Vanessa, the two were just standing like statues. David seemed like he knew who the girl was. Once Vanessa noticed my staring, her green eyes widened.

She mouthed out, "Model!"

The girl was a model?

When I fixed my attention back to Bryce and the girl, he managed to pull away from her grasp while taking a few steps back in retreat. The girl put off her undivided attention on Bryce momentarily and settled her large blue-green eyes on the three of us. She flashed a smile, catching David as she stated how much she missed him too. Before David could react, Vanessa and I watched the girl hug him tightly.

David said slowly through their embrace, "You... dyed your hair."

She let go of David and twirled around.

"I know. It's pretty, right? My manager told me blonde would enhance my look compared to my brown hair!"

At the same time, Vanessa was throwing a 'back up, bitch' face at her.

Finally, the girl acknowledged Vanessa's — along with my — presence. She was quite tall, probably 5 foot 9 or 10, somewhere along those lines.

The girl asked with a sly grin, "Do you know who I am?"

The pitiful greeting was very far from a hello, or nice to meet you. Shaking my head no, my head angled to Vanessa. Surprisingly, she nodded.

Vanessa gave a blunt reply, "You model in Europe. Candace Reynolds."

"Candy," she corrected, her eyes turning into thin slits.

My friend countered back, "Sorry. Heard you were just starting out."

Her rebuttal caused me to stifle a laugh. Vanessa was usually bitter towards any girl who decided to be a smart ass with her. Candace "Candy" Reynolds didn't find this very funny though.

Candace gritted her teeth together.

"I am one of the best models in Europe. I. Am. Famous," she stressed her last sentence sharply.

David stepped into the conversation, calming the fire.

"Candace, this is my girlfriend Vanessa Montgomery. Be good to her."

Even though the two exchanged sweetened smiles, I could read way past Vanessa's eyes. She didn't like her at all. And I didn't either. Ms. Candace Reynolds already gave me the vibe that she was "royalty trash". I could hardly stand someone who looked down upon another. Candace turned away, focusing her attention on me. She probed me as she glanced from head to toe.