05 | Reunited and It Feels No Good?

© an affiniteas 2011-2012 ink on Wattpad

05 | Reunited and It Feels No Good?

IT WAS HIM.

My delivery boy!

My mind temporarily slipped from reality. That was him. It had to be.

Was I losing my mind?

Watching the delivery boy, it looked like he just came out of the other elevator from the other side and was making his way out. Just like before, he wasn't wearing your everyday delivery uniform. It was the same nicely fitted suit.

Should I go out and follow him?

Wait, what was I thinking? I couldn't just leave Logan.

After several struggles, I finally decided to let go of the delivery boy out in the world. My eyes reverted back to Logan.

Logan asked, concerned from my dazing, "Are you okay, Maisie?"

Finally absorbing what Logan said, I gulped down and realized that I would be meeting and dining with his family. Just the thought of it terrified me. I didn't even think that I was presentable enough for them.

Taking into consideration what Logan has done for me, I quickly nodded and smiled. "I'm fine. And of course, I'd love too."

There was an unexpected grin that flashed upon Logan's face that surprised me. He pointed out the elevator and said, "Thanks Maisie, I appreciate it. Just follow me."

Walking side by side, I carefully searched around the hotel lobby. The delivery boy was nowhere to be seen. I lost my chance.

The voice inside my head taunted, "You chose to stay in the elevator. Don't complain".

Go away, voice.

Taking another look at Legends, I got to see how glamorous it was. Chandeliers were equipped from place to place. The stone tile glittered against the light. Everything appeared so crisp and clean. All the neutral, earthy tones were scattered throughout the hotel, giving it that modern yet high-class feel.

We took another elevator after passing through a glass door with letters smacked in the middle that said "VIP". The elevator we were on had an open view of the entire city. The nightlife of the city glowed from our perspective. Almost pressing my face against the windows, I was in complete awe.

I praised the glowing lights, "Wow, this is beautiful. It's like we're on top of the world."

Logan said in agreement, "It's amazing, isn't it? Sometimes I take this elevator for no reason all the way to the top just to admire the view."

Seeing Logan absolutely mesmerized by the view had me hiding a smile.

This elevator was more technologically advanced than the others. Once we reached our destination, a voice announced, "you are on floor 52" before the doors slid open.

Fancy.

After some walking, Logan halted in front of French doors. As he turned the doorknobs, there was a group of people sitting around an elegant dining table with a magnificent view. The walls away from the French doors were glass windows, exposing the city once more. I couldn't have been more amazed.

Hold on. Was that Vanessa?

She was the first one I noticed. Once she spotted me, she waved with an amused grin on her face. The whole group then turned, and I assumed that must be the Valentino family. The only faces I recognized were Vanessa and David.