00 | Attraction

A/N: Pardon the pixie dust, currently in the process of editing! [150814] ch 1-7 have been edited 

______________________

 M Y  D E L I V E R Y  B O Y

© an affiniteas 2011-2012 ink on Wattpad

"My Delivery Boy" and affiniteas will only be found at Wattpad.

Images/artwork used for the "My Delivery Boy" book cover do not belong to affiniteas and are not being used for commercial purposes.

______________________

00 | Attraction

IT HAPPENED JUST like that.

Being the type of person who never believed that "love at first sight" existed, I thought the well-known saying should have actually been "attraction at first sight".

Us girls—maybe some boys—all wished for our happily ever after's like the fairy tales. But, what do we get? That "love at first sight" just ended up being another heartbreak to tell.

However, this wasn't what this was about.

To explain my life in a succinct manner, it was average but satisfying. I was part of a happy family of four that happened to own a small, yet stuck in a busy street market. Lockhart's Pantry sold all your everyday necessities from fresh vegetables to tooth paste.

But, this particular day at the market changed everything.

Doing my usual routine, I was fixing up the snack and candy aisle, which usually sold out fast by the middle school students. Sadly, today wasn't our best day. The business has been slow for the past five hours, and I was stuck here until closing.

My younger brother, Mason, was waiting outside for another weekly delivery. Mason was on the verge of graduating high school. He was still at the crossroads on deciding what he wanted to do with his life. As much as I would encourage and love to see the boy in college, I wasn't exactly a poster image since college was the least of my worries, being at the tender age of twenty. I had no complaints though; I was content with what I had right now.

Yawning lazily, I glanced up at the store clock down the aisle, and it was 3pm. The time the delivery would arrive. As if its arrival were rehearsed, I heard the obnoxious noise of the truck outside.

Staying in my crouched position, I didn't bother to move because Mason could take care of it. Knowing him, he always took our market seriously.

However, I may have given him premature praise at the time.

Mason poked his head from the aisle I was in. A big, taunting grin grew on his face once he saw my bored expression.

"Maisie, get ready for more torture!" he snickered out.

Usually, I'd be up and running saying the words, "I'll get you, squirt!", but like I said, today was not the day.

So I thought.

Brushing off his taunt, I settled my focus back on the box of chocolate puffs I had to sort out. After a few minutes, I realized that Mason wasn't strutting his way here, carrying a bunch of rather lightweight boxes while calling himself "Mr. Macho Man". Growing curious, I walked towards the end of the aisle before noticing two figures. The one who had his back facing me was my brother. We shared the same dark brown hair and the way his short hair was tousled around explained it. The other one was the delivery guy.