Chapter Twenty Five

Cameron - 

"Don't say that," She started. "Just please, don't say them words," 

"What words? I love you? It's kind of hard to avoid them words when your talking to someone who is helplessly in love with you," I replied. It was true. My love for her was infinite. No one could stop the love I felt for her. She let out a short breath she had obviously been holding in for a while. She jumped off the table and walked towards the door. 

"Where are you going?" I asked, following her. 

"I need to go, Cameron. Please don't follow me," She sniffed, walking out of the stuffy art room, closing the door behind her. My heart hurt. My head pounded. My anger was rising. My fists were clenched. I bent down, yanking at my hair in frustration. It stopped me from screaming. My lock on my hair was tightening. 

"Your not supposed to be in here," Someone said, interrupting my tantrum. I let out a long deep breath that let the person know I was angry. I pushed past him and slammed the door behind me. I stormed out into the main corridors, surprised at how empty they had gotten in the last ten minutes. I stood in the middle of the hallway and breathed. I took a long breath in, letting it out through my nose. I began walking normally towards my locker. I was about halfway there when I was interrupted. 

"Yo Cam!" I heard a deep voice shout. I turned around to be greeted by the basketball team. 

"Hey," I replied bluntly. 

"Coming to practise? Games tomorrow," Taylor said, pulling against my shoulder so I would walk with him. I was about to answer but was stopped by Taylor answering for me.

"Course you are. We are playing against our rival enemies tomorrow, you better be ready to crush them like a bug," He yelled making the other basketball players cheer back at him. 

"Look, Taylor. I really-" I started.

"Can't wait? You really can't wait to win this game tomorrow. Yeah I know, same," Taylor finished, pushing me into the boys changing rooms.

****

"Hey hunny," My mum greeted, drying the rest of the dishes up.

"Hey mum," I replied, collapsing on the couch. I closed my eyes, trying to figure out what to do about tomorrow. 

"How was practise?" My mum asked. 

"Tiring," I bluntly replied. 

"Want to get Chinese for dinner tonight?" I looked at my mum who suddenly looked like a goddess for suggesting take-out for dinner. I gave a big cheesy smile and she laughed. 

"Don't you be worrying about Lexi sweetie. Any girl would dream of having a handsome young man like you in her life. Especially with that smile," She smiled, squeezing at my cheeks.

"I love you," I shouted to her as she walked out the front door. About five minutes passed and there was a knock at the door. I jumped up, opening the door. 

"Forgotten something mu-" I started but stopped when I realized who was standing at my doorway.