Chapter Ten

Cameron's POV

I love Lexi. She is the first girl I have actually loved. I love the way she laughs, I love the way she looks, I love the way she is so understanding and kind. How could anyone hurt her? That's what I kept asking myself. Why did I hurt her like that? She didn't deserve it. It wasn't even my fault. It was that bitch called Charlotte did it. Kissed me. 

She was following me all night at her party. As if she was a dog and I was holding her favourite treat. She had her little salves running behind her to. I kept trying to get away from her like talking to the basketball team, and looking for Lexi.  But she just kept following me. I was about to comfront her about it and tell her to leave me alone, when she kissed me. Her lips tasted sour. I couldn't stand it. That's when Lexi saw us. That's when she ran off crying. That's when I broke her heart. I ran after her, but Charlotte followed. I went home after she ran off to her house. Charlotte tried to follow. 

"Look what you've done!" I screamed at Charlotte, as she stopped to hold me arm. I yanked it out her reach and started to walk off. She followed again.

"Cameron-" She started, trying to hold my arm again. 

"No Charlotte. Did you know Lexi is the only girl I love. The only girl I have actually had proper feelings for. And do you know what's happened now? She's gone, probably never going to trust me again, because of your drunken act. Just go away, Charlotte." I shouted at the girl standing in front of me.

"I'm sorry, it's just-" She started again, but got interrupted by me.

"No Charlotte. Sorry isn't good enough," With that, I walked off, leaving her in the darkness. I couldn't stand the sight of her. I wanted to cry. A eighteen year old boy, wanting to cry because he hurt a girl. I know I couldn't go after her. She would hate me even more. 

The next day, I woke up on the couch in my living room. My mum had gone to work and Jake was licking my hand. I stunk of alcohol. I went up to have a shower and get dressed. I drove to Lexi's house, to show how sorry I really was. It took five minutes in the car to get to her house. My heart was pounding. My neck was sweating with my forehead. All I could think of was her reaction. How she would react. 

I walked up to her house door, shaking. The knocker looked like a venomous snake about to bit me. I knocked two times and just waited. The door opened, showing a girl with make up streaming down her face. Lexi. As soon as she saw me, she went to close the door. I stopped it with my foot and hand.

"Please. Let me explain," I said, voice cracking at the end. Her eyes filled with water. 

"Cameron, there is nothing to explain. You like Charlotte, that's fine with-" She was cut off by her emotions. She looked down and sniffed. "You like her and that's fine with me," She breathed, finishing her sentence.

"That's the thing. I don't like Charlotte. In fact, I hate Charlotte. She's annoying and ugly. You are beautiful and funny. You the girl I love," I looked down and paused. "I love you, Lexi," I looked back up and saw the door was shut. I looked down and left. I got to the end of the pathway when the door opened again. Lexi came running out crying. She hugged me round the neck, crying into my shoulder.

"I love you too," She whispered, crying also.