Chapter Fifteen

NOTE: Listen to the song in the sidebar while reading. It gives a more emotional view on this part :) 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cameron's POV

*Flashback* 

"Mum?" I asked. Her hands were shaking and her eyes were dead. "Mum? Where's daddy? What's happened to him?" I asked once again, waiting for an answer. She didn't even look in my direction. She just sat on the hospital chair, staring into nothing. The doctor had already left. She wasn't moving. Even if I tugged at her jacket, she still wouldn't look. I ignored my mum and wheeled myself down to my dad's room in my wheelchair. The bed was empty when I got there. 

"Dad?" I shouted. A nurse came running over to me. 

"What's wrong sweetie?" She asked, placing her hands onto my lap.

"Where's my dad gone? He was here in this room. I remember!" I shouted. She looked into her room and I could tell by her face, something bad had happened.

"Where's your mummy, sweetie?" She asked, shaking her worried face away. 

"She's over there, she's not moving or talking to me," I said. She wheeled me over to her and sat down next to her. Whilst they spoke, I looked around and saw new people rushing into the same room my dad was in. 

"Hey! That's my dad's room!" I shouted, wheeling myself over to them. The nurse quickly grabbed my chair and pulled me back over. 

"Mummy has something to talk to you about, sweetie," She said, before walking off, leaving us alone. 

"What's wrong mummy?" I asked, holding her shaking hand. 

"Daddy-" She was cut off by her tears. I rubbed her hands, soothing her as she cried. "Daddy's gone, darling," 

*flashback ends* 

I woke up in a bed with a bunch of other people. Some of them were asleep and some were watching there Tv's. I sat up and instantly pushed my hand to my head. It was throbbing. A nurse ran over to me and pushed me back to my bed. 

"Sir, please lay back down. You fainted and hit your head quite badly," I pushed away the nurse's hands and went to sit up. My head started to pound and everything went blurry. 

"Sir," She said, with a more stern tone to it. I denied her help and jumped off the bed. 

"She can't go. She can't leave me," I kept saying over and over again. All I could think about was her. I didn't want to be apart from her. She had to be with me. 

"Sir please!" She called, as I ran off down the hall. My vision was blurred and my head was spinning. The letter's on the signs were moving. I had to keep going. She couldn't leave without me. My pounding head was stronger. Doctor's and nurse's were trying to stop me, but nothing could. 

When I had eventually got to Lexi's room, I was breathless. I stormed into the room, finding Lexi's mum, Gracie, my mum and the doctor. 

"Cameron," My mum said, standing up from her chair to walk over to me. I saw Lexi in her bed. She was still. Too still. Her chest wasn't moving. I looked to her mum how was silently crying and back to my mum who had mascara under her face. 

"No," I cried. The doctor walked over to me and held my shoulders. The machine that beeped before was silent. All the machines were off. Nothing was working. 

"No," I shouted even louder. Tears had filled my eyes. My legs stopped working, making me fall to the ground. I layed on the floor, sobbing. The tears wouldn't stop. Is this what Diana felt like? I couldn't stand the pain. I looked back up and saw the doctor crouched by my side. My mum had turned to face the wall, crying again. Lexi's mum had her head dropped. I looked back to the doctor. 

"Please, sir," He said. I pushed his arms away from me. 

"Look what you've done! You've destroyed two families. Look what you've done!" I screamed. I couldn't stop myself. I felt like someone had taken control over my body and mind, saying things I would have never said before. The pain was excruciating. My mum had turned back around to bend down to my height. 

"Cameron, calm down," She soothed.

"How can I calm down when she's dead! How can you possibly say that to me? Especially after Dad!" I screamed at her. She looked to the floor, tears briming in her eyes. Once I had realised what I had said, I stood up and walked out. The hospital air was making everything worse. I stood outside, letting the cold air bite away at my skin. I never wanted to feel this pain again. It was too much for my body to take. 

After what seemed like a lifetime, a hand was placed on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Lexi's mum standing behind me with red eyes. 

"I'm sorry," I sniffed. I looked back down and didn't say anything. 

"I did whatever I could to keep them waiting until you were awake again," She said, moving to stand next to me. I nodded and played with my thumbs. 

"I know it hurts to see her. But I think she would like it if you spoke to her. Just for the last time," She said, gently. She patted my back. I nodded and fell into her arms. She felt like Lexi. Her warmth, her heatbeat. It made everything so hard. I obeyed her and walked back into the hospital. I seemed like Lexi's room was a mile away. 

I walked into the small room were my girlfriend layed. I sat down on the chair next to her body. She still looked as beautiful as ever. There was a couple strands of hair just floated ubove her eye. I swept them away, knowing she would have done the same. I slipped my hand into her cold one and looked at her. Looked at the poor girl who's heart I broke. 

"I'm sorry Lexi," I started. "I'm sorry for everything I did to hurt you and make you run away. If I hadn't off kissed Charlotte, none of this would of happened. I feel like such a jerk. I shouldn't of hurt you. Hurting you, hurts me as well. Even though we hadn't been together for long, I still know one thing for sure. No matter how many girls I meet, none of them will beat you. None of them will look as beautiful as you. None of them will have my love, as much as you do. And It kills me, knowing that I won't be able to spend the rest of my life with you. I... I just love you so much," I finished, gently kissed her lips. I waited a second and then felt something. Something warm. My heart was pounding against my chest. My whole body was shaking. It was when I felt a gentle squeeze on my hand, my heart dropped. It took a minute, but when those blue eyes opened again, mine started to fill up with tears. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I HOPE YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER GUYS. LISTENING TO A QUITE ROMANTIC BUT SLOW SORTA SONG MAKES THE WHOLE THING SO MUCH MORE EMOTIONAL. LEAVE COMMENTS ON WHAT YOU THINK. THANKS FOR ALL THE READS. I DIDNT EVEN EXPECT MY STORY TO GET THAT MANY READS! I LOVE YOU ALLL SO MUCHH.

PS. THE STORY HASN'T FINISHED YET.

PPS. MY BIRHDAY IS IN 29 DAYS WOWOWOWOW :D