Chapter Twelve

Lexi's POV

I waited for a answer. But nothing. 

"Cameron?" I asked, wearily. I could feel my hands shaking. Shaking with saddness, anger and anxiety. I didn't know what to expect.

"Lexi-" He began, trying to reach for my hand. My heart dropped, just like it did at the party. I felt like it had shattered like a glass cup would do if it fell to the floor. Nothing felt real. My head was spinning. I had to leave. I couldn't stand the sight of him. Knowing that he had lied to my face. This could never be forgiven. 

"No," I breathed. I was shaking my head violently. He held onto my hand but I pulled it away. I ran, ran to my car. I couldn't start the engine fast enough. Cameron was running towards the car. My fingers were shaking. The key wouldn't go into the ignition. I felt faint. He was banging on the windows, shouting something I couldn't quite make out. I had to get out of here. 

Once the engine had started, I drove off instantly. Not looking back. Leaving him, standing there. I wanted to cry, but couldn't. All I felt was anger. I just wanted it to all go away. I didn't want to feel it anymore. I planned to go home and cry, but changed my mind and went to visit Dad. 

It was a long drive. Roughly around an hour and a half. I turned the radio up so loud, I couldn't hear myself think. Which was a good thing, since I didn't want to think about anything. It was at the traffic lights, near Dad, I got a phone call from a unknown number. I answered it with a wary voice. 

"Hello?" I asked, putting the phone against my ear.

"Lexi, please let me explain," The familiar voice said on the other side of the phone. I felt like someone had just punch my in the heart, making it bleed and pound. 

"Cameron, there is nothing to explain. You lied to me. You lied to my face," I croaked. 

"Lexi, you don't get it-" He started.

"Oh, I get it," I finished, putting the phone down, dropping it on the way. As I bent down to get it, my foot lent onto the accelerator. My car jerked foward, leading into a crowd of rushing cars and lorrys. All I could hear screams. Screams of worry, guilt and pain. Screams of death.