Chapter Eighteen

Cameron's POV

We both sat at my dining table in the kitchen not saying anything. I didn't know how to 'help her'. Once you lost your memory, you can never get it back right?
"Soo, how do I exactly help you?" I asked breaking the silence between us both.
"Well, we could start of by recalling all our memories together and see if I can remember any," She spoke. It was different to the way she spoke before the accident. She was more confident in what she was saying. The old Lexi was always worried about saying stuff in case other people disagreed.
"Yeah, erm..." I started to think about things we had done together. "What about my first day of school?" I suggested. She nodded her head, telling me to carry on.
"Erm, well it in science," I started. As I told her to whole story of the day we meet and how I told her she had a beautiful name, she scribbled words down in a pad. I tried to see what she was writing but it was too messy for me to read. Not like her old writing. That was neat and easy to read.
"Do you remember that?" I finished, but before she was able to answer, she was cut off by a ringing phone. She didn't react to it.
"You might want to answer that," She said, looking to the phone on the table.
"Erm, Lexi. That's your phone," I stuttered, smiling at the thought of we forgetting what her ringtone sounded like. She quickly searched her bag for the ringing phone. Once found she answered, but instead of staying seated, she got up and moved into the hallway. I quietly tapped my fingers on the table waiting for Lexi to walk back in.

"Cameron?" She asked quietly.
"Yes?"
"I have to go. My mum is taking me to Ria's house," She murmured, tugging at the laces on her shoes. It hurt me that she remembered her best friend and not me. I guess that's not her fault though.

She was interrupted by a car horn from outside. She looked outside though the door window and turned back to me.
"That's my mum," She said, smiling. I opened my arms for her to fall into them but she just turned around to open the door. She stepped outside and waved to her mum. Her mum waved at me also. I pulled a awkward smile and slightly nodded my head to her.
"Bye Cameron," Lexi said before running towards the car parked outside my house. There was something about how she said my name which didn't feel right. Made me feel as if she doesn't love me anymore.