Chapter Eleven

Lexi's POV

It's right when people say once hurt, always hurt. I had never thought cheating would be so painful. Most people decide never to forgive, but haven't we all made mistakes? I guess that's why I forgave him. Cameron. 

When I was eight years old, I was playing my mum's favourite ring. It had a silver band and big green jewel on top. But when I took it to school one day for show and tell, without telling my mum, and drooped it down the drains, I lied. I told her I hadn't seen it and lied. It was hard to lie though. She looked so hurt as it had been passed down in the family. So, a couple days passed and I told her as she was still looking for it. I told my mum the whole story, and she forgave me. Even though I had just lost her great grandmum's ring. I had been bought up to forgive. So, when Cameron came round and apologized, I had to forgive him. Seeing him nearly cry as he spoke, made me feel sympathy for him. I didn't want to be away from him. I wanted him with me by my side all night. I love him. 

I decided to spend the day with Ria, instead of Cameron. I hadn't been with her for over a week. We went shopping and grabbed a coffee. 

"What happened at Charlotte's party with you and Cameron?" Ria asked, sipping at her latte with soya milk. 

"Charlotte kissed him," I told her, bluntly. I took a gulp at my americano.

"Are you sure she kissed him?" She questioned. I was shocked at her response. Why would Cameron kiss her? He told me she was ugly and annoying. 

"Cameron wouldn't do that," I said, bluntly once again. 

"If you say so," She lent back playing on her phone.

"What makes you say that?" I took the phone out of her hands and put it on the table. I raised my eyebrows to her and waited.

"Nothing," She looked down. I could tell she was lying as she went quiet.

"Ria, don't even bother trying to cover it up. I can tell when your lying. What made you say Cameron kissed Charlotte," I was agitated as she was keeping something from me. I looked at her with angry eyes. She didn't say anything. 

"I thought best friends told each other everything," I pleaded. 

"Well, you haven't really been a best friend to me lately," She snapped, looking back down to the floor. I just sat there, mouth open, in shock. I grabbed my bag and phone and stood up.

"Lex, please. I'm s-" She started.

"It's fine," I finished, walking out of the coffee shop. I was so angry. Luckily, I drove us here. I jumped into my black Volkswagen Polo and drove out of the shopping center. I decided to drive to Cameron's house, to confront him. 

I arrived to his house, to find other a bike outside his door. I knocked three times and stepped back. I was greeted to a tall boy with messy blonde hair, sticking up all over the place. He had broad shoulders and a hard chest. His jaw line was perfectly sculpted and had these bright green eyes.

"Erm, is Cameron in?" I asked, nervously. 

"You are?.." He asked, waiting for me to say my name. 

"Lexi," I told him, looking down to the floor.

"Cameron! Lexi is here," He shouted into the kitchen. I heard a bang and running. He came around the corner of the hallway and smiled. 

"Hey Lex, what you doing here?" I looked to both of the boys. They both had a look that was smiliar to each other. 

"I need to talk to you," I demanded. He looked to the other boy and nodded his head. 

"Nice to meet you, Lexi," He said, walking out the hallway. 

"Er, you too..." I waited for Cameron to tell me his name.

"Mike," Cameron whispered to me.

"Mike," I repeated, not much louder. Cameron stepped forward and shut the door slightly. 

"What do you want to talk to me about?" He asked, slipping his hands into his joggers pockets.

"You would never lie to me right?" I murmured.

"What? Why do you ask that?" He stood up from leaning against the door frame and took his hands out of his pocket. 

"It's just, Ria sort of made out that you kissed Charlotte, and she didn't kiss you," I spoke, looking right into his eyes. He didn't say anything. Just stood there looking at me.