Chapter 13

Katniss's POV

I dash out of my home to the districts train station where I wait patiently in line, in order for me to get my ticket out of here. It seems as though the first person in line is having an argument with the ticket distributor. Whatever that argument was about soon ends when a station security guard steps in and drags the person out.

Great less time to wait because now there two more people in front of me. I run thoughts in my head like, will anyone notice when I'm gone? Did Peeta really mean what he said by wanting to break up with me? Will anyone come after me? Or most of all, Will I have anyone there for me?

I didn't realize how deep in thought I was until the person in front of me got their ticket, leaving me to get mine now. The lady sitting at the desk had bronze hair and green eyes, no doubt from district 4. Which kinda now makes me think of Finnick but I push these thoughts aside because I don't want to cry in public, that's a sign of weakness.

"Hello how may I help you?" The lady at the counter/desk asked.

"Can I please have a ticket to go to district 11?" I ask blankly,

"Yes sure that would be $20. The train will be here in approximately forty minutes." She says casually whilst handing me the ticket reading,

District 11,

Time; 4:50

Room; 23

Date; 05/06/3029

Wow I've been so secluded from the world that I didn't even know the date. Since it's 4:10 and I have forty minutes to kill, I might as well go into the woods as a last goodbye. I begin my walk to the woods when I notice an empty building.

That would be great for Sae I think to myself because she once told me when we were living in poverty that she would like to own her own resturant. I push these thoughts to the back of my mind because they would somehow lead me to thinking about the Hunger Games.

Once I reach the fence that was deemed turned off, I still check it. I walk past the meadow that basically serves as a mass graveyard now careful not to go anywhere near it because that would just lead me into hysterics.

I wander myself into the base of the woods where no animal inhabits and trek myself further and deeper into the woods smelling the pine tress and maple wood. I finally reach my destination, the lake. The lake in which my father showed me before his passing. It's the only place that makes me feel truly safe.

It's still beautiful, the lakes shines like a diamond in a sea of crystals. I dip my feet into the cool water relishing my last time here in my safe haven. I look at the sun, determining the time and it signals the time to be approximately 4:30.

I decide that nows the time to leave if I want to make it to the train so I pick up in suitcase and begin my walk out of my second home, the place I belong. I reach the fence and check once again for the buzzing sound but it doesn't come so I quickly duck underneath it and guess the time.

I look at the town halls huge clock and it reads 4:45, oh crap I will never make it. I run anyway to try an catch the train so I can leave my past behind me. Thankfully by some unknown miracle I make it to the train station whilst the train, pulling in comes to a stop.

Security checks my ticket and let's me on board the train. I walk up the long hallway until I find my private room, 23. I step into my private room and lock the door behind me. I then look out the window to see the crowds getting off and boarding the train.

'Okay all passengers we will be setting of in five minutes to district 11!'

The announcer says over the speaker. One, two, three, four minutes pass with me still watching through the window people running around like headless chickens. It's quite amusing to me until something catches my eye, no someone. It's Peeta.

'Passengers please be seated in you seats or in your rooms because we are leaving this station now!"

Peeta's running towards the train with a piece of paper crumpled up in his hand obviously looking for me when he finds me. Our eyes lock one each others in an instant until he breaks eye contact to get on the train.

He was too late because just as he was about to take one step in the train the doors shut and I leave for good away from my life,

My hell.

One question still remains in my mind, Why did he come to the train station when he doesn't love me anymore?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~